NUS Enterprise Summer Program 2021: Scholarship Application for UP Students
The UP Office of International Linkages , in partnership with UPSCALE Innovation Hub, is looking for UP undergraduate or postgraduate students to participate in the National University of Singapore (NUS) Enterprise Summer Program.
All University of the Philippines students, regardless of the campus, college, or department, may apply until March 19, 2021. Qualified students will receive scholarship to the two-week virtual program which will begin on July 5, 2021
NUS Enterprise Summer Program 2021 Programme Details
Priority consideration will be given to students with a basic interest in entrepreneurship. The NUS Enterprise Summer Programme in Entrepreneurship is targeted at undergraduate students currently enrolled in university, majoring in any discipline.
Our programme broadly covers the following topics:
- Business and Socio-Cultural context of Singapore and ASEAN
- Singapore’s Economic Development Model and the Changing Role of Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- The Heart of Singapore’s and ASEAN’s Startup Ecosystem
- Understanding IP and Innovation in Singapore and ASEAN
- Understanding the ASEAN Relationship, Language and Culture
- Experiential Introduction to Singapore
- Practical Insights and Skills for Aspiring Entrepreneurs
- How to be an Entrepreneur: Opportunity Recognition and Entrepreneurial Mindset
- Lean Startup Methodology
- Value Proposition and Business Model Design
- New Venture Creation
- Pitching and Fund Raising
- Themes in Entrepreneurship
- Technology Entrepreneurship
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Intrapreneurship
NUS Enterprise Summer Programme in Entrepreneurship 2021
Programme dates: 5 July to 16 July 2021
Application period: 15 Feb to 31 March 2021
The 2-week programme will be conducted fully online.
2. Prepare a link to an introduction video of no more than 3 minutes to submit along with your application.
The video to briefly include the following:
- Introduction about yourself
- Why you are interested in joining the NUS Enterprise Summer Programme in Entrepreneurship.
- Describe one business idea you want to/are pursuing or what you are passionate about
- Describe what you wish to take-away from this programme and how it may help you in your current/ future business idea.
[Note: To submit the video, you can upload it on to YouTube, change the privacy settings to “Unlisted” or “Password protect”, and provide the video URL (and password where applicable) in the relevant section in your online application]
3. Submit the relevant hardcopy documents (Refer FAQ No.2) to NUS after completing your online application.
Before You Apply
Can I Apply?
Students who wish to apply for the NUS Enterprise Summer Programme in Entrepreneurship are required to do their groundwork before applying, to find out if they meet the eligibility requirements, as well as the financial costs involved.
The NUS Enterprise Summer programme in Entrepreneurship is opened to all students from all institutions and universities, and the programme is taught entirely in English.
In order to take part in the Summer programme, you must:
- be currently enrolled in an accredited college or university
- be proficient in the English language
If English is not your home university’s primary language, you are required to upload your English proficiency document during your application. We shall deem that students nominated are suitable to come on exchange and would be able to cope with the rigorous curriculum conducted in English at NUS Enterprise.
Based on our requirements, please refer below as a guideline for a student to cope with studying at NUS Enterprise:
|Test||Minimum Acceptable Score|
|IELTS||6.5 overall with 6.5 in Reading and Writing components|
|TOEFL||100 for the Internet-based test|
Please note that only TOEFL and / or IELTS scores obtained in the two years leading up to 15 March of the year of application will be considered. For instance, for applications closing on 15 March 2020, the validity period for the scores is from 15 March 2018 to 15 March 2020 (both dates inclusive).
For more Information: Visit the website for NUS Enterprise Summer Program 2021