Deadline: 30th April 2021
12th Social Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2021 for Indians
The Social Entrepreneur of the Year – India Award is a joint initiative that has been introduced through a collaboration between Jubilant Bhartia Foundation and Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship(a sister organisation of the World Economic Forum)
The award is given with the objective of recognizing promising and successful social entrepreneurs, with excellence in large-scale, system change models. The social entrepreneurs are one of the key enablers of inclusive growth who implement practical and sustainable solutions to address challenges in numerous areas including health, education, and environment, access to technology and job creation.
The application process for the Award starts every year in March.
- Market-based: leverages market forces, strategic partnerships, and business practices wherever possible, e.g. charges fees for products or services or for some subset of them.
- Tech-enabled: Uses technology to create, communicate, deliver, or monitor the adoption of its products or services.
- Demonstrated Impact: beyond proof of concept; has a monitoring and evaluation system in place; can provide compelling impact metrics
- Scalability/ Potential to scale: has the potential to be successfully expanded nationally or internationally, either by branch expansion or via replication partners.
- Candidate as an Ambassador: able to interact on a peer-to-peer level with top business and political leaders and willing to contribute time and expertise to building the global community.
- Aligned with the World Economic Forum System Initiatives
Exclusive Benefit: WINNER OF SEOY India will get an opportunity to apply for the Hindustan Times Fellowship for Stanford Seed Transformation programme. To know more please click here
SEOY Awardee will be announced at the World Economic Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit in 2021 and participate in a three-year structured programme to help them scale their solutions to collectively reach millions of people worldwide
- Access to the world’s most influential network: Awardees will have the opportunity to connect with key partners at Forum regional and global summits, and on our digital platform TopLink, to learn sector-specific best practices and scale their solution through partnerships.
- Global media exposure: We showcase awardees’ solutions to the highest level of decision-makers through award ceremonies, media campaigns, videos and speaking roles.
- Personalized engagement: Throughout the three year program, our staff proactively ensures that awardees’ engagements with the Schwab Foundation and the World Economic Forum are well aligned with their short and long term goals.
- Capacity building: We build the leadership capacity of awardees by strengthening their organizational and business strategies through executive education programmes at top universities, practitioner-oriented research, and curated programming at global and regional meetings.
- Community-based support: We create spaces for reflection and peer-to-peer mentoring to equip awardees with the support systems to lead their organizations and drive trust-based collaborations
Applications are Invited for the 12th Edition Social Entrepreneur of the Year India- 2021
For more Information: Visit the website for