South African Reserve Bank (SARB) 2021-2022 Graduate Development Programme for South African Postgraduate Students
The SARB is looking for productive and talented postgraduates to join its one-year programme in January 2022.
You meet the requirements if you:
• have completed a postgraduate degree;
• have attained an average of over 65% in your final year;
• have a strong desire to work in financial services and/or policymaking;
• have a proven track record of academic excellence;
• have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• are a South African citizen; and
• are a curious and keen learner.
The programme courses
During the programme, graduates will attend various learning interventions at the SARB Academy for approximately 40 days. Interventions are mainly central banking specific and are aimed to produce well-rounded central bankers. In addition, personal and professional skills such as presentations skills, impactful reporting, business disciplines, teamwork, personal excellence and etiquette, among others, are also part of the holistic programme.
Degree focus areas
The SARB will consider postgraduate students with capability in at least one of
the following areas:
• Policy analysis
• Public finance
• Financial management
• Information technology
• Portfolio or investment management
• Quantitative analysis
• Risk management
• Economics and international relations
How to apply for South African Reserve Bank (SARB) 2021-2022 Graduate Development Programme
All interested parties are invited to apply online via www.resbank.co.za
• All available vacancies will be visible.
• Follow these links: [email protected] >
Current vacancies (register and apply online).
• To log in (right-hand side of the screen):
• Is this your first visit to our Job Site? >
Register today (ensure that you include all your qualifications and skills during the registration process); OR
• Already registered on our Job Site? >
Already registered? > Log in here.
• Date posted > Last 3 weeks (in the dropdown menu)
• Select the appropriate IRC number to view the full advertisement.
Please include a copy of your transcript and your identity document with your application.
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to an appropriate reference check and security
clearance as part of the selection process. The closing date for applications is 30 April 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
Remuneration and benefits
Graduates will receive a competitive salary for the duration of the programme.
After you apply for South African Reserve Bank (SARB) 2021-2022 Graduate Development Programme
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in assessments, interviews and a
security clearance as part of the selection process. Suitable candidates will be selected
based on the SARB’s commitment to diversifying its workforce. Correspondence
will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us, please consider your application unsuccessful.
If you have any programme-related queries, please email them to the following email
address: [email protected]