sssi.co.za | South African Screen Sector Support Fund (SASSSF) 2021
South African Screen Sector Support Initiative (SASSSI), a ‘by the industry, for the industry’ effort to provide urgently-needed relief to those individuals, small businesses and industry organisations who derive their livelihood from the screen sector – and to assist and encourage the sector’s recovery, development and rapid growth post-Covid.
SASSSI’s immediate project is the Screen Sector Support Fund which seeks to provide relief where it is most needed to enable the sector and those who work in it simply to survive. The Fund will be administered by the country’s leading and oldest Social Investment Managers, Tshikululu. They will screen all applications to ensure they meet the application criteria. Those that do will be evaluated by an independent panel of adjudicators and Tshikululu will disburse funds to successful applicants and provide full disbursement and financial reports to ensure transparency.
- Estimated Maximum Timelines And Process – Applications From Qualified (PBO) SCREEN SECTOR ORGANISATIONS Starting From March 2021
9:00am Thursday 11th March – 23:59pm Monday 5th April
(Organisations – that are PBOs)
Estimated Maximum Timelines And Process – For INDIVIDUAL Applicants Starting From March 2021
9:00am Thursday 11th March – 23:59pm Friday 19th March
By 23:59pm Friday 19th March
www.sssi.co.za (SASSSF) Eligibility Criteria For Individuals
A. Eligibility Criteria For Individuals
The Screen Sector Support Fund is to provide relief to individuals working in the South African screen sector who are most affected by the pandemic. Applicants must be workers in the Sector, in accordance with the list of eligible job categories listed here.
Tshikululu will screen each application to ensure it meets the criteria and all qualifying applications will be evaluated by the Fund’s Selection Committee.
In order to be eligible for a grant, each applicant must:
- provide evidence that her/his job function is be on the approved list as listed above
- have been resident, legally, in South Africa since at least 01 March 2018
- provide evidence that s/he has worked in the South African screen sector for at least two years since 1 March 2018
- demonstrate that her/his primary source of income has been from the screen sector from at least 1 March 2018
- establish and describe financial need
- provide contact details of at least two (2) references – one of which may include your agent (with her/his details provided), plus the name/s of production/s – to confirm that s/he has worked in the Sector during the qualifying period
- Applicants may have been recipients of other grants. This is not a criterion for eligibility – but data will be gathered for statistical purposes – and any such grants received since March 1st 2019 or that you are confirmed to receive within the next 6 months must be declared and described.
www.sssi.co.za (SASSSF) Eligibility Criteria For Organisations
The Screen Sector Support Fund is to provide relief to Industry Organisations that have been supporting workers, producers, crew, performers and others in the Screen Sector who are affected by the pandemic.
- have been constituted, registered and operating in South Africa since at least March 1st, 2016
- have worked in and represented members from the Screen Sector since at least March 1st 2016
- be a registered PBO. Any Organisation that is not a PBO will not be eligible
- show that they have offered support to members and to the Screen Sector before and during the pandemic
NOTE: Applicants may have been recipients of other grants. This is not a criterion for eligibility – but any such grants received since March 1st 2019 and/or confirmed to be received within the next 6 months must be declared and described.
For more Information Visit https://www.sssi.co.za/