Deadline: April 15, 2021
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) 2021 Communications Fellowship Programme
Applications are invited for the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) Communications Fellowship 2021. Each year, Communications Fellows work with ADHO’s Communications Officer to manage ADHO’s public communications activities.
The fellowship is well suited for graduate students, young scholars, and academic professionals who wish to develop a deeper knowledge of digital humanities and its global communities, contribute to an important digital humanities scholarly and professional organization, and gain professional experience in social media and communications.
In 2021, Communications Fellows will contribute to the development of a new multilingual website for ADHO; will follow and disseminate conference information; will draft and edit official ADHO announcements; and will participate in other special projects as they arise.
Duties and Responsibilities
ADHO Communications Fellows commit an average of 2-3 hours per week of work with an increase in workload leading up to and during the annual Digital Humanities conference.
- Collaborating with ADHO’s Communications Officer and other members of the Executive Board to draft and edit official ADHO communications to be published to the ADHO website and to be shared via ADHO social media accounts, relevant email lists, and in other online venues;
- With the Communications Officer, identifying and amplifying on ADHO’s website and/or social media accounts announcements from COs, SIGs, and Journals;
- With the Communications Officer, identifying information that may be of interest to the global DH community;
- With the Communications Officer, monitoring ADHO’s social media presence daily and weekly;
- With the Communications Officer and members of the MLMC, maintaining up-to-date information on ADHO’s website;
- Working with the Communications Officer and Executive Board to respond to feedback or criticism as needed.
- There are two fellowships, each comes with a stipend of €500.
2021 ADHO Communications Fellowships Eligibility
- Have excellent written communication skills in English;
- Have ability to work with minimal supervision;
- Pay attention to detail;
- Have some knowledge of digital humanities communities and current discourses;
- Have some knowledge of social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
Desirable skills and qualifications include:
- Experience creating and publishing content using Drupal, WordPress, or another web content management system;
- Skills in graphic design and multimedia editing;
- Working knowledge of more than one language. In 2021, they are seeking especially applicants with experience translating written content from English into one or more languages relevant to their Constituent Organizations including but not limited to French, German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin Chinese, and Spanish.
NOTE: The communications team works remotely from their respective locations, communicating via email, online chat, video calls, and other effective means. Communications fellows must provide access to a computer and internet connection. In 2021, fellowships will begin as soon as possible after May 1 and will end on December 31.
2021 ADHO Communications Fellowships Application
To apply, submit a CV or résumé, a brief writing sample, the names of two references, and a cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to the ADHO Communications Officer at [email protected] The application deadline is 23:59 UTC on April 15, 2021.
For more information, visit ADHO Communications Fellowship