The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2021 for Journalist
The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize was launched in 1992 to honour courage in journalism. It rewards the excellence of journalists reporting about the stories that matter on the topics of inequality, poverty eradication, sustainable development, environment, biodiversity, climate action, digital, jobs and employment, education and skills development, migration, healthcare, and peace, democracy and human rights.
The #NataliPrize was created by the European Commission’s Directorate-General for International Partnerships (DG INTPA), and named after Lorenzo Natali, a precursor to the international partnerships approach to global challenges impacting society.
Entries to this year’s competition should relate to the issues of:
- Poverty eradication,
- Sustainable development,
- Environment, biodiversity, climate action,
- Digital (gap, connectivity, e-governance, entrepreneurship),
- Jobs and employment,
- Education and skills development,
- Healthcare (access, assistance), and
- Peace, democracy and human rights.
Categories and Prize
Applicants must choose one of the three categories when filling in the online form. The Prize is open to journalists in the following three categories:
- Grand Prize: reporting published by a media based in one of the European Union’s partner countries on development and cooperation.
- Europe Prize: reporting published by a media based in the European Union (not including the United Kingdom).
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: open to journalists under 30 whose reporting was published by a media based in the European Union (not including the United Kingdom) or in one of its partner countries on development and cooperation.
The full list of eligible countries can be found here.
There will be up to three winners. Each winner will receive 10,000€. The winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will also be offered a work experience opportunity with a media partner. Categories will not be awarded if quality is not met.
For more Information: Visit the website for The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2021