European Space Agency (ESA) 2021 Young Graduate Trainee Program for Business Analysis
EUROPEAN SPACE AGENCY (ESA) is an equal opportunity employer, committed to achieving diversity within the workforce and creating an inclusive working environment. We therefore welcome applications from all qualified candidates irrespective of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, beliefs, age, disability or other characteristics. Applications from women are encouraged.
This post is classified F1.
Location – ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Field(s) of activity/research for the traineeship
During a short, intensive introductory period, you will familiarise yourself extensively with the operating procedures of ESA’s HR Department, and with the data model of our main HR information systems which are based on SAP SuccessFactors (cloud) and a SAP R/3 (on-premise).
European Space Agency (ESA) 2021 Young Graduate Trainee Tasks
• analyse the reporting needs of HR staff and external stakeholders and on that basis, enhance existing HR reports and build new ones where needed. Examples include statistics on payroll, recruitment, sick leave, and staff movements;
• evaluate our HR analytics setup in the light of best practices in industry and peer organisations, and propose and carry through practical enhancements;
• devise an approach to detect and analyse data inconsistencies, and further develop the automated periodic checks in place, with a view to improving overall data quality and consistency in operations;
• contribute, for HR data, to the new ESA-wide unified “Data Lake” reporting approach (based on Tableau);
• define introductory and follow-on training for HR staff on the available reporting tools, to enable them to produce daily reporting themselves, according to their specific needs.
- Knowledge of relevant technical domains
- Relevant experience gained during internships/project work
- Breadth of exposure coming from past and/or current research/activities
- Knowledge of ESA and its programmes/projects
- Result Orientation
- Operational Efficiency
- Fostering Cooperation
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Improvement
- Forward Thinking
You should have just completed, or be in your final year of, a university course at Master’s level in a discipline such as public administration, computer sciences, or economics.
- A previous internship in a public sector organisation would be a plus.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Customer-orientation and the ability to deliver high-quality, tangible outputs in a relatively short time-frame are a must.
- You should have good interpersonal and communication skills and should be able to work in a multi-cultural environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. A good knowledge of one of these is required. Knowledge of another Member State language would be an asset.
- During the interview motivation and overall professional perspective/career goals will also be explored.
For more Information: Visit the website for European Space Agency (ESA) 2021 Young Graduate Trainee Program