Deadline: 15th April, 2021
Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Global Award 2020-2021
Call for Applications: The Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award under the Dhaka OIC Youth Capital in Response to Covid-19 program is up for grabs and we are inviting you to be a part of this exciting challenge as we promote the spirit of caring and sharing in our communities.
To celebrate the Dhaka OIC Youth Capital 2020, ten other elaborate mega-events have been designed which will be implemented by various lead and co-lead Ministries throughout the year. “Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award 2020” has been planned as one of the mega-events which will be organized by the Ministry of Youth and Sports as the lead Ministry, with the Ministry of Social Welfare and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs being the co-host Ministries. The Forum is a global network of organizations/individuals involved in international volunteering, promoting the value of volunteering for development through policy engagement, mutual learning, and by sharing innovative and good practices.
Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award Objectives
- to recognize the Indomitable Spirit shown by the Young Volunteers across the Globe in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- to appreciate the great resistance Bangladesh has shown in their successful fight against the COVID-19 pandemic under the prudent and visionary leadership of the Honorable Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina
- to encourage more youths across the globe to take part in voluntary and humanitarian activities
- to give the young volunteers opportunity to compete against and make connections with their global counterparts
- to give the young volunteers mentorship opportunity where they will get to learn from the leaders
- to make the youth feel an important stakeholder of the society
- to engage the youths in decision and policy-making level
The competition is taking place in two stages – National (Bangladesh) and International.
The registration for the national (Bangladesh) stage is already completed. Top 100 and top 10 winners from the national stage will be announced soon. Top 10 participants will automatically join the International Stage.
For the selection of the International Stage of the Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award 2020, ten participants (individual and/or organization) will be shortlisted in five categories from each of the following six regions: Bangladesh, Middle East, Rest of Asia, Africa, North America and Europe.
Individuals and groups (not registered organizations/NPOs/NGOs/INGOs) who have led and supported their local communities, conducted voluntary activities to protect the environment and biodiversity, performed acts of bravery, etc. during COVID-19 crisis situation, will get the Volunteer Leadership award.
Media and Service Excellence
Media personnel and people from different services who have taken life risks and performed their job during the COVID-19 situation, will get the Media and Service Excellence award.
Online Volunteer Campaign
Individuals and organizations that have played crucial roles in combating COVID-19 pandemic through online volunteerism i.e. online campaigns, information sharing etc., will get the Online Volunteer Campaign award.
Best Innovative Idea
Individuals and organizations that have come up with the most innovative and creative voluntary initiatives in in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, will get the Best Innovative Idea award.
Outstanding Youth-led Voluntary Organization
Registered youth-led organizations that have made significant and exemplary contribution through voluntary activities during the COVID-19 crisis situation, will get the Outstanding Youth-led Voluntary Organization award.
Award and Recognition
- 5 Winners will be declared from 5 Categories
- Each winner will get USD 2500
- Each Winner will get Trophy, Certificate and *Sponsored Trip to Bangladesh to physically join the Gala Closing Ceremony
*Note: Sponsored Trip to Bangladesh will depend on the COVID situation.
Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Award Conditions and Rules for Participation
- Individuals/organizations must submit their voluntary activities as asked in the registration forms
- Participants can register in multiple categories (maximum 2)
- Participation is allowed to the citizens with Muslim background from the selected regions
- The age limit is 18 to 35 years
- Individuals/organizations must submit valid evidence of the voluntary activities
- For video submission, video must not be more than one-minute long and must be submitted in MP4 format (and the size must not exceed 10MB)
- Valid legal documents must be submitted in case of registered organizations
- The participants must adhere to the event’s regulations and procedures as stated by the organizing committee.
Enter Award here : https://dhaka.oicyouthcapital.com/shyva/
For more Information: Visit the website for Sheikh Hasina Youth Volunteer Global Award 2020-2021