Helb Page Announces 100% Covid-19 Penalty Waiver for beneficiaries
Helb latest news today : Announcing this year’s 100% Covid-19 Penalty Waiver! Helb page has announced this year 2022 100% Covid-19 Penalty Waiver for helb beneficiaries.
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) has announced a 100 percent Covid-19 penalty waiver on student loans.
According to the board’s Chief Executive Officer Charles Ringera, the action was due to the slowing economy in the country within the last two years.
“It is important for all beneficiaries to honor their obligation as stipulated in the loan application terms & conditions so as to empower the dreams of another needy student,” he said.
He stated that unemployment and underemployment as well as a challenging environment for loanees to start and run businesses, has affected HELB loan repayment.
He indicated that this, coupled with inadequate funding from the Exchequer [The National Treasury], has inadvertently created a funding challenge for students seeking HELB Loans.
He observed that owing to the prevailing economic situation, the loan beneficiaries’ repayment ability may take some time to stabilize.
HELB has previously offered 100% Penalty Waiver Campaigns in 2013 where 10,110 beneficiaries paid off their loans valued at Ksh.1.3 billion and in
How to take advantage of the 100% COVID-19 Penalty Waiver:
- Have you registered your account on the HELB Portal ? If yes, Visit Helb Student Portal Click here to sign in and access the Portal.
2. If you have not, click here to register.
3. Once you are logged in Click on services then under Penalty waiver click on Get Waiver
4. The system will process your request and provide feedback depending on loan balances. See example below:
5. Click on Print waiver request and a sample PDF will be generated as attached.
100% COVID-19 Penalty Waiver Portal User Guide
Click here to access the 100% Penalty Waiver Portal User Guide.
Mobile Payment Services: M-PESA
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer:
- Select pay bill option
- Enter HELB business number as 200800
- Enter your national ID number as your account number
- Enter amount you want to pay
- Enter your secret PIN number
- Confirm transaction and send
Note: The transaction reflects in your statement immediately after the transaction.
Using M-PESA (Safaricom) Money Transfer for Employers
- Upload the remittance schedule
- Generate the E-Slip
- Go to the M-PESA menu and click on Lipa na M-PESA, then Paybill
- Enter 200800 as the business number
- For the account details, enter the generated E-Slip number as the account number
- Enter your PIN number
- You will receive a confirmation message for payment
Note: The transaction will reflect in the employer statement and posted to individual loanee statements.
All payments are payable to Higher Education Loans Board, by crossed cheque, bankers draft, direct transfer/standing order/EFT or cash deposit to HELB collection A/C in any of the following banks:
|Bank Name||Account No.||
|Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Swift Code|
|Citibank||300 040 012||Nairobi||CITIKENA|
|Co-operative Bank||011290 612 228 00||University-way||KCOOKENA|
|Absa Bank||077 501 8216||Barclays Plaza||BARCKENX|
|KCB Bank||1103 266 314||University-way||KCBLKENX|
|Standard Chartered Bank||010 801 826 4700||Koinange street||SCBLKENX|
|Equity Bank||055 029 357 3408||Equity Center||EQBLKENA|
|National Bank of Kenya||01001060391100||Harambee Avenue||NBKEKENX|
|Family Bank||035 000 024 971||Family Bank Towers||FABLKENAXXX|
|Kingdom Bank||11748527001||Koinange street||CIFIKENAXXX|
For more information regarding the 100% COVID-19 Penalty Waiver,
Our Official Contacts are:
1.Customer Experience Centre: Anniversary Towers, Ground Floor.
2. Contact Centre:
3. Huduma Services:
B: COMPLIANCE CERTIFICATE
Loanee Compliance Certificate
This Certificate is issued to the beneficiaries of HELB loan who are up to date with their loan repayment. It is also issued to the beneficiaries who are still within the repayment grace period. Once a beneficiary has completed repaying the loan, he/she is issued Certificate of Clearance. This service is not charged.