How To Submit SASSA SRD Grant Appeal Under New Rules
SASSA NEWS- New rules have been implemented regarding submitting a Social Relief of Distress Grant appeal. Here is how one may go about submitting an appeal.
The new appeal process for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress grant has been released. Those who were unsuccessful in their application for the grant are urged to read the following rules about the appeals process:
- Applicants are required to lodge an appeal within 90 days of receiving the declined application status. The appeal will need to be done via the electronic platform.
- The Minister will need to appoint employees as members of the Independent Tribunal to consider and decide on the appeals regarding the Covid-19 SRD grant.
- When lodging an appeal, the applicant may not submit any evidence or information which was not provided to Sassa at the time of the application.
- The Independent Tribunal should consider the appeal by reassessing the decision of the Agency against the available information at its disposal and has the powers to either confirm or set aside the decision of the Agency.
- The Independent Tribunal should finalise the appeal within 90 days from the date on which the appeal was received and should inform the applicant by electronic communication of the decision and reasons thereof.
- No appeal will be considered by the Independent Tribunal, if not submitted within the period of 90 days.
Applicants whose Covid-19 SRD grant applications were declined, may lodge an appeal by following the steps listed below:
Here’s How To Submit A Reconsideration Request Online
- Click here to visit the SRD Website.
- Scroll down to the ‘Application for Reconsideration’ tab.
- Select ‘Click here to apply for reconsideration’.
- Fill in your ID number and mobile number.
- Follow the prompts to complete the reconsideration of the grant.