Colorado State Patrol (CSP) Youth Academy 2023 Program
The focus of the Colorado State Patrol Youth Academy will be on leadership development through team exercises and individual achievement. The Academy will be mentally and physically demanding and will challenge all participants. The Academy is limited to a select number of participants throughout the state.
How Much Does It Cost?
Colorado State Patrol’s Youth Academy is provided at no cost to participants. The Academy is made possible through partnerships with local community-minded businesses, organizations, and the Colorado State Patrol.
- Requires a three-night stay at the CSP Academy in Golden (Staff and chaperones are present throughout the duration including overnight)
- All meals are provided
- A safety officer will be present and appropriate gear will be provided during all skills training
- During tactical training, there will be a one-to-one ratio of instructor to participant
- A packing list will be sent to participants who are selected for the Academy
Colorado State Patrol (CSP) Youth Academy 2023 Program Training Includes
- Team Building
- Military Bearing
- Defensive Driving
- Dynamic Crime Scene Investigation
- Physical Training
- Firearm Safety and Training
- K9 Demonstration
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Scenario
- Tour of the Capitol
- History and Job Opportunities with the Colorado State Patrol
- Be 16 to 18 years old
- Be a high school junior or senior or equivalent
- Be a Colorado resident
- Possess a valid Colorado Driver’s License or Permit
- Show proof of current medical insurance
- Have a doctor certification of ability to participate
- Agree to a criminal and driver history check
- Present at least one letter of recommendation
- Complete an application and interview
If you meet the above requirements, complete the Colorado State Patrol Youth Academy Application. All required documentation is located within the application. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered for the upcoming Youth Academy.
***Late or incomplete submissions will not be selected for the Youth Academy***
– A written essay of 500-750 words, double-spaced, that includes information about you and answers the following questions:
* Why do you want to attend the Colorado State Patrol Youth Academy?
* What types of community projects, school, or family projects are you involved in and
* How would you describe yourself?
*What is a strength of yours and what do you want to get better at?
– At least one (1) letter of recommendation to include:
* Name * Years known
* Relationship * Address
* Occupation * Phone number
– Copy of valid Colorado driver’s license or permit
– Copy of health/medical insurance card
– Certification and Release of Information Form (click the link below for the form)
Certification and Release of Information
***Very Important – You can only upload the required documents from a Google/Gmail account. If you do not have a current Gmail account, you will need to create one for this application process, or access your application through a family member’s Gmail account.***
Be sure to save the return email after you submit the application. It will contain a link to return to your application should you need to make any changes are updates.
Please note that all signed forms are valid for up to one year from date of signature.
Questions? Please contact Sergeant Bonnie Collins via email at [email protected]