Deadline: Nov. 28, 2022
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Bureau’s Director’s Financial Analyst Program 2023
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) Bureau’s Director’s Financial Analyst Program is a two-year rotational analyst program that will give a select number of recent college graduates with undergraduate degrees the unique opportunity to work with senior-level executives on some of the most critical issues facing consumer financial markets in the United States.
This position is located in the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Office of the Director. Members of the Director’s Financial Analyst Program will experience diverse roles, responsibilities, and areas of expertise. As a result, in a short period of time, analysts will play an integral role in everything the Bureau does, from rigorous data-driven policy creation and market monitoring to on-site supervision of market participants. All analysts will complete developmental rotations in offices throughout the Bureau. These rotations are designed to provide exposure to the analysis, strategy, research, education, policy development, supervision, enforcement, and rule making activities throughout the Bureau.
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-51, broadly equivalent to the GS-11. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties, and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Extract data from data stores and perform ad-hoc or periodic queries for use by CFPB staff engaged in research and policy development. Provide feedback and suggestions on the queries and implement improvements.
- Mine data from selected data sources to arrive at specific information to conduct research and analysis of issues relating to consumer finance. Document the analyses performed to ensure that future verification and reproduction of results can take place. Seek out innovative, new sources of data to improve quality of analysis and incorporate them into analysis.
- Determine programming languages, analytical tools, data structures, and data logic to maintain data quality programs.
- Participate in the implementation of segments of new production and data storage systems to support research, inform consumers, guide the supervision of covered persons, and enforce rules relating to consumer financial protection.
- Support internal clients with analytical projects relating to the consumer finance markets and providers. Draft segments of reports, analyses and interpretations of data to CFPB staff to monitor business critical results. Assemble relevant data and other information from internal and external sources, including financial, banking industries, businesses, or regulatory agencies; and from commercial vendors, solving straightforward problems as they arise. Prepare drafts of findings for review by senior specialists.
- Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
Apply for this position
Open to All US Citizens (Excepted service – Term Only)
Applications will be accepted from U.S. citizens. This position is being filled under CFPB’s excepted service authority. Appointment under this authority does not convey competitive status.