Deputy Governor Recruitment Central Bank of Kenya
For appointment to this position, a person should:
- be a citizen of Kenya;
- be a fit and proper person of recognized professional standing;
- have a Bachelors degree in any of the following fields: Economics, Banking,
- Finance, Law or any other field relevant to the functions of the Central Bank; have over ten (10) years’ experience at a senior management level in the field of
- Economics, Banking, Finance, Law or any other field relevant to the functions of the Central Bank; and
be a person of integrity and meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
In addition, a person should be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge or experience in monetary, financial, banking and economic matters or other disciplines relevant to the functions of the Central Bank;
- Leadership and people management skills including performance management, coaching and mentoring;
- High level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, including ability to build consensus, alliances and collaborative relationships with sensitivity to diversity;
- Vision, with in-depth knowledge of the state of financial developments in Kenya, within the wider global economy and the linkages within different economic sectors as well as across regions;
- Critical and analytical thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to understand issues from multiple perspectives/layers and take account of the wider business context when crafting solutions;
- Commitment to consistent delivery of the highest quality outputs, with deep technical understanding and attention to detail;
- Organizational and administrative skills;
- Excellent public relations skills with all potential users of Bank knowledge, work and
statistics – analysts, academics, professional bodies and other international organizations and government agencies;
- Familiarity with the work of other multilateral and bilateral development institutions
and the private sector, especially their roles in supporting financial reforms agenda;
- Ability to think strategically and design long-term plans and programs to develop staff competencies in line with strategic priorities;
- Oral and written communication skills – ability to communicate clearly, simply and in
a structured manner and to use communication tools appropriately and effectively;
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively with oversight bodies, senior management and government officials;
- Knowledge and ability to ensure good governance practices; and
- Risk management – ability to identify operational and market risks and develop mitigating measures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Deputy Governor shall perform such functions as assigned by the Governor from time to time.
No person shall be appointed as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Kenya if he/she is:
(a) a Member of Parliament or a Member of a County Assembly;
(b) a salaried employee of any public entity (except on a secondment basis);
(c) a director, officer, employee, partner in or shareholder of any specified bank or specified financial institution.
The Deputy Governor shall not engage in any paid employment or business or professional activity outside the duties of his/her office.
INTERESTED APPLICANTS ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THAT:
i. The names of all applicants and those shortlisted shall be published in the print
media and on the Commission’s website.
ii. Applicants should attach current clearances from the following bodies:
(a) Kenya Revenue Authority;
(b) Higher Education Loans Board;
(c) A Registered Credit Reference Bureau;
(d) Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance Certificate);
(e) Printed Online Self-declaration Application Acknowledgement Receipt or a
Self-Declaration Form duly stamped by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption
(f) Recommendation from relevant professional bodies and associations (where
MODE OF APPLICATION
(i) Each application should be submitted together with detailed curriculum vitae, a copy of ID/Passport, copies of academic certificates, testimonials, publications (if any) and any other relevant supporting documents.
(ii) Application should be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked “Application for Deputy Governor, Central Bank of Kenya” and addressed and delivered to:
Public Service Commission,
P.O. Box 30095 – 00100
All applications should reach the Commission, on or before 14th November, 2022 (latest