Deadline: February 21, 2023
Higher Education Commission (HEC) Afghan Short Documentary Contest
Higher Education Commission (HEC) invites all enthusiastic Afghan students to submit a short documentary video sharing their higher education experiences in Pakistan using smart phone or high resolution cameras. Both individual and group submissions will be accepted.
Education Experiences of Afghan Youth studying in Pakistan
2-Tier Application Process:
Step 1: Initially submit an original idea based documentary no longer than 40 – 60 second in duration on the given theme using smart phone or high resolution cameras
Step 2: Jury members will short-list top 10 Afghan students’ entries to showcase and will inform students and their universities’ nominated Public Relations Officers (PROs) /
Mass Communication Department Faculty Members to participate as their Mentors to submit short documentary of 4 – 6 minutes using only high resolution cameras (please refer to technical requirements) on the given theme in English language with subtitles translated into 2 languages (Urdu & Dari).
- Deadline to submit initial applications: 21-02-2023
- Announcement of Top 10 shortlisted finalists: 24-02-2023
- Submission of final Documentary: 10-03-2023
- Day of Event (Tentatively): 15/17-03-2023
Final top 10 shortlisted submissions must be in the horizontal format of at least standard HD (1280 x 720 pixels) encoded in H264 (.mp4, .mov). However, for better viewing quality, a full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) format is recommended. Every video submitted must be a final edited product without any rough-cuts. All submissions must include closing credits with the following information: name(s) of the filmmaker(s), script writer, all participants, and stakeholder(s) etc.
Submission: Please submit your entry by any of the following means: ·
Email your submission to Ms. Amina Munir, Project Manager, Allama Muhammad Iqbal Scholarships for Afghan students via Google Form at https://shorturl.at/FHI68 OR Mail your documentary video on a USB to the Mr.Jehanzeb Khan, Project Director, Human Resource Development Division, Higher Education Commission, H-8, Islamabad. Ph: 051-9040 8036
Terms & Conditions:
- All entries must reflect the original work of the student
- Female Afghan students are highly encouraged to participate
- By submitting your application to Higher Education Commission (HEC), you agree to give a license to the HEC for its public screening, including distribution via various social media, digital, and web platforms etc.
- Top 10 shortlisted Afghan students’ entries will be called on the day of event and winners will be decided by jury members on the day of event
- Entering this competition does not guarantee that you will win a prize or derive any other benefit
For more Information: Visit the website for Higher Education Commission (HEC) Afghan Short Documentary Contest