African Culture Fund Academy Boot Camp (LEWO 1 Program) for female artists and cultural entrepreneurs. (Completely Funded)
Application Deadline: November 25, 2022
Thus, the African Culture Fund is launching a call for applications in collaboration with the Institut Kôrè des Arts et Métiers (IKAM Ségou) with the goal of selecting 16 female artists and cultural entrepreneurs from West and Central Africa to participate in BOOT CAMP #3, which will take place in Ségou beginning in March 2023.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be between the ages of 21 and 40.
- Be a female artist (of any discipline) or entrepreneur with at least five years of experience who practices and lives in Africa.
- Be a citizen of one of the following West or Central African countries: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, or Togo, Angola, Cameroon, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Sao Tome and Principe, and Chad are among the countries involved.
- Be ready to participate in various LEWO Program training and networking activities beginning in March 2023.
Criteria for Selection
- File registration and filing
- Administrative application review
- Selection committee evaluation (Jury)
- Approval of the candidate list
- The list of successful candidates will be announced.
Applications will be examined by an independent selection committee of of cultural specialists and professionals familiar with the creative and cultural realities of West and Central Africa.
- The LEWO program offers participants assistance during the Boot Camp (international transport, accommodation, catering, intercity travel).
Announcement begins October 25, 2022
The deadline for the admissibility of clarification requests November 11, 2022
ACF’s deadline for clarification November 18, 2022
Application submission deadline November 25, 2022
Announcement of the results of the evaluation by the selection panel December 19, 2022
Sending of the notice of selection and details of the boot camp to the winners From December 19 to 20, 2022
Boot Camp #3’s Duration From Monday 13 to Friday 31 March 2023
- A copy of your identity document or other equivalent documentation (indicating Surname and First name, Nationality, Date of Birth)
- Cover letter (350 words maximum)
- Brief presentation of the artistic approach (for artists) or biography (for entrepreneurs)
- Portfolio: a presentation of works and/or images from prior projects (12 pages maximum)