Anglo American Civil Engineering Bursary 2023 for South Africans
Anglo American Platinum’s bursary schemes give young professionals an entry point into the company, the mining industry and the job market. Application can only be made online.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredient that enable a clear, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people’s dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes, and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
People. Process. Performance. You’ll keep sight of it all.
Here is an exciting opportunity to join us.
If you are a Grade 12 learner when you apply, and you receive one of our bursaries, you will get the opportunity to thoroughly investigate and confirm your career choice by working with professional practitioners for up to a year before you start with your tertiary studies.
Our Bursaries includes tuition fees, a private accommodation allowance or accommodation costs (a university residence with a self-catering allowance or a university residence including meals), a computer/laptop allowance, personal allowance, textbook allowance and our company medical aid scheme is available to you as a scholarship or bursary recipient. You may remain on your parent or guardian’s medical aid, but you must submit proof of this.
- Grade 12 learners must submit their Grade 11 results, stamped by the school, and provisional acceptance at a tertiary institution.
- 1st year students: Grade 12 (Mathematics or Technical Mathematics, Physical Science or Technical Science and English with 60% pass rate). Applied and Accepted – 1st year Civil Engineering (4-year degree – BSc, BEng, BET) – NQF7
- 2nd year students: Registered as a 1st year currently studying must have passed all modules that they have registered for.
- 3rd year students: Must be currently completing 2nd year and pass all modules and must have passed all subjects you are currently registered for at tertiary institution.
- 4th year students: Must be currently completing 3rd year and pass all modules and must have passed all subjects you are currently registered for at tertiary institution.
- Applications made without all supporting documents attached, will not be considered.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process:
- Your certified ID document.
- Your Grade 11 results, stamped by your school or, if you have completed Grade 12, a certified copy of your Grade 12 certificate.
- Proof of residence
- Your latest transcripts and previous year’s results; and
- A CV with all the relevant information
- Proof of Resident
You can track your application at https://www.smartrecruiters.com/ account/sign-in
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customer around the world.
As a responsible miner- of diamond (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodian of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operator and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equal opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Applications are open to all our operation areas of influence.
Obtain a Gmail address if you don’t have one at
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/56256?hl=en). Log on to https://www.angloamerican.com/ careers/job-opportunities/apply and search for your bursary of choice:
Closing date: 15 June 2023
For more Information: Visit the website for Anglo American Civil Engineering Bursary 2023