Deadline: July 31, 2020
Application for IITA Youth Employment in Agric-business and Sustainable Agriculture (YEASA) Program 2020
The partnering institutions include: Afe Babalola University (ABUAD), International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Africa Rice Centre (AfricaRice) and university of Abomey-Calavi Benin Republic.
Training Partnering Institutions
Youths will be trained as indicated by partner institutions:
- ABUAD- Mango, Moringa, Feedmill, Fishery and equipment and Machinery Fabrication;
- IITA- Cassava, Soybean/Cowpea, Plantain, Maize and Equipment and machinery fabrication;
- AfricaRice- Rice (both paddy and seed) and Equipment and machinery fabrication
Attending the training is free and successful participant will be trained in Agricultural production, Value addition, Farm Equipment Fabrication/Modification, Agribusiness Development and Management and Agribusiness plan development.
The successful trained youths with excellent performance will be awarded Certification of Trainees and Start-up Grants.
Training in managerial, financial management and entrepreneurial skills
1. Agricultural production
- Soybean/cowpea (Soybean/cowpea seed production enterprises)
- Maize (Maize seed and grain production)
- Plantain (sucker multiplication and fruit production enterprises)
- Mango fruit production
- Cassava (Cassava stem and cassava tuber production)
- Rice (Seed and paddy production, equipment fabrication enterprise including weeders, threshers)
- Moringa (leaf and seed production)
- Fish (Fingerlings and catfish production).
2. Value Addition
- Technical Skills and knowledge in processing farm produce e.g
- Drying, canning, production of fruit pulp, fruit drying
- Preparation of snacks flour milling, preparation of garri, and fufu,
- Rice cake, rice biscuits
- Moringa procession (moringa powder, moringa capsule, moringa soap, moringa toothpaste, moringa seeds, moringa oil, moringa cream and moringa tea
- Marketing and sale skills and that will make youth to participate profitably in supply chain for the firm
- Integrate producer and youth entrepreneur possessor in the agro-food value chains.
3. Farm Equipment Fabrication/Modification.
Application and Youth Selection Criteria
- Apply online through the link: http://www.yeasa.org/login#apply
- Must be from Oyo and Ekiti State
- Youth must be unemployed
- Age 18 to 35 years old
- Minimum of SSCE/ WAEC
- Must be leaving or reside in rural area in either of the two targeted states
- Women are encouraged to apply
For more information: please visit our website www.yeasa.org or call +2348038059340, +2348100738768, +2347038656163