The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2021 is a four-month, full-time residential program based out of Yale’s Jackson Institute for Global Affairs. The Program runs annually from mid-August to mid-December.
The Program provides World Fellows the opportunity to expand their vision, learn from each other, and grow personally and professionally. World Fellows contribute to Yale’s intellectual life, give talks and participate on panels, collaborate with peers, audit classes, and mentor students.
Key components of the Program are:
- Weekly Seminars
- Good Society: World Fellows present to each other their vision for making the world a better place, what they do professionally, and how they contribute to building the ‘good society.’
- Salon: World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on key topics, expanding their knowledge and challenging their views.
- Personal Development: World Fellows receive individual and group coaching and skills development training. World Fellows can audit many of the 2,000+ courses offered at Yale, work on individual or collaborative projects, and conduct independent research.
- Hosting Events: World Fellows give talks and participate on panels across Yale, sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty. Fellows are introduced to the campus during the annual World Fellows Night open house, which draws hundreds of attendees.
- Mentoring Students: World Fellows mentor students (both undergraduate and graduate) who apply to be their liaisons. The student liaisons assist World Fellows in putting on events and ensure that they are fully immersed in life at Yale.
- Group Travel: Fellows have the opportunity to explore dynamic region, both on their own and during group trips to New York City and Washington, DC, plus a retreat in the beautiful Berkshire mountains.
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program Benefits
Fellows will receive:
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven;
- A modest, furnished one, or two-bedroom apartment for the duration of the program;
- Medical insurance.
- Round-trip travel from home country.
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2021 Eligibility
- Applicants should be between five and twenty-five years into their professional careers, with demonstrated and significant accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. The average age of a World Fellow is 39, though there is no minimum or maximum age limit.
- Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the United States. While applicants who hold dual citizenship with the United States are eligible, strong preference is given to candidates whose work is focused outside the United States.
- Applicants must be fluent in English. An excellent command of the English language is essential to successfully participating in the program.
- World Fellows are required to be in residence at Yale University in New Haven for the entirety of the program which runs from mid-August through mid-December.
Applicants must have:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity.
- A commitment to the good society and to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- A promise of a future career in leadership and notable global impact.
- A special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- A likelihood to benefit from participation in the program and to contribute to the global perspective on Yale’s campus.
- A commitment to a rigorous program of activities, to full-time residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, and to mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program Application
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- The application is accessible on most mobile, tablet and desktop devices. The preferred web browsers are Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox, though most modern browsers will work.
- If you have any problems logging in to the application, please try a different computer or web browser as that solves the majority of technical issues.
- The World Fellows Program cannot provide technical support.
For more information: Visit the webpage for Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program 2021 (Fully-funded)