Deadline: 25 MARCH 2022
ARC-Animal Production (ARC-AP) 2022 Internship Programme for South Africans
The Agricultural Research Council (ARC) is a premier science institution that conducts research with partners, develops human capital and foster innovation in support of the agricultural sector. It provides diagnostic, laboratory, analytical, agricultural engineering services, post-harvest technology development, agrochemical evaluation, consultation and advisory services, food processing technology services as well as various surveys and training interventions.
Through its wider network of research institutes and experimental farms, the ARC provides a strong scientific base and a broadly distributed technology transfer capacity to the entire agricultural industry in South Africa.
Internship SA – The ARC-Animal Production (ARC-AP) seeks to appoint a highly skilled, experienced and dynamic person to the following positions at Irene, Pretoria:
1. ANIMAL, PLANT AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE INTERNSHIP X2 (THREE MONTHS) –
Key Performance Areas:
• Participates in planning and coordinating field trips,
• Conduct veld condition assessment in various biomes of South Africa,
• Data capturing,
• Participate in the successful transfer of scientific technology i.e. compilation of reports, oral and
• Pro-actively provide technical input within the context of the Aquaculture research project/s
• To contribute to research by rendering desired support to research staff and to optimize the utilization of resources in the most cost effective and efficient manner,
• To utilize and maintain facilities, apparatus and equipment,
• To comply with the Occupational Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• BSc Honours in Animal, plant and Environmental Sciences and/or related degrees,
• Experience in biological statistics,
• Previous ArcGIS software suite experience will be an added advantage,
• GIS related certificates would beneficial,
• Verbal and written skills ( honours level).
2. CASUAL LABOUR X70 (ONE WEEK CONTRACT) – AQUACULTURE UNIT IN THE FOLLOWING
– CITY OF EKURHULENI
– CITY OF TSHWANE
– CITY OF JOHANNESBURG
– WEST RAND
NB: Please clearly indicate the district that you are applying for.
Key Performance Areas:
• Taking coordinates,
• Distributing questioners (this will require some skills of reading) and writing,
• Require possession of a smart phone.
• Grade 10 and relevant experience working in data collection /surveying,
• Well-developed interpersonal skills,
• Ability to do routine work and walking long distance collect data,
• Ability to read and write,
• Should possess and operate a smart phone.
A competitive remuneration package will be congruent with the scope, responsibilities and the stature of the position. The appointment will be subject to a positive security clearance and preference will be given to South African citizens.
Applications accompanied by covering letter, detailed CV (Including certificates, supporting documents, copy of driver’s license and nationality. NB: Non-RSA Citizens/work permit holders must attach certified copies) as well as the names and particulars of three (3) traceable referees must be e-mail to [email protected].
SAQA evaluation report must accompany foreign qualifications. Incomplete applications will not be
considered. Applicants who do not receive any response four (4) weeks after the closing date must regard their applications as unsuccessful. The Agricultural Research Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the principles and processes of Employment Equity. The company has the right not to appoint.