Are you a Nigerian planning to move to Canada ?
Nigerian? Planning to move to Canada? Temp or permanently? Is Canada on your radar for 2021 OR near future?
1. Check your CRS score:
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool: skilled immigrants (Express Entry)
This tool will help you calculate your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score based on the answers you provide below. The CRS is a points-based system that we use to assess and score your profile and rank it in the Express Entry pool. It’s used to assess your:
- language ability
- work experience
- other factors
More Information: Visit HERE
2. How PNP pathways works:
How the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) works
This program is for workers who:
- have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a specific province or territory
- want to live in that province, and
- want to become permanent residents of Canada
Each province and territoryFootnote* has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:
- business people
- skilled workers
- semi-skilled workers
Understand the application options
How you will apply depends on which Provincial Nominee Program stream you’re applying to. You might need to apply using the paper-based process, or by the online process through Express Entry.
In the paper-based process:
- You apply to the province or territory for nomination under a non-Express Entry stream.
- You need to meet the eligibility requirements of the province that nominates you.
- Once you have been nominated, you submit a paper application for permanent residence to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
- You have to pass a medical exam and get a police check (certificate). Everyone must have these checks, no matter where you plan to live in Canada.
- Application processing times are longer than through Express Entry.
Express Entry process
In the online Express Entry process, there are 2 ways to apply:
- You contact the province or territory and apply for a nomination under an Express Entry stream.
- If the province or territory agrees to nominate you, you create an Express Entry profile (or update your profile if you already have one) and show you have been nominated.
- You create an Express Entry profile and show the provinces and territories you’re interested in.
- If a province or territory sends you a “notification of interest” to your account, you contact them directly.
- You apply to their Express Entry stream:
- If you’re nominated, the province will offer it to you through your account, and you accept it electronically.
In both cases:
- You must meet the eligibility requirements of the province or territory. And,
- You must submit an Express Entry profile and show that you meet the minimum criteria for Express Entry, including being eligible for one of the immigration programs it covers.
- If you are invited to apply, you submit an electronic application to IRCC.
Are you a Nigerian planning to move to Canada ? Choose a province or territory
To be nominated by a province or territory,Footnote* you must follow the instructions on their website and contact them directly:
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
The criteria by province and territory vary and can change without notice.
For more Information: Visit HERE
3. Eight Canadian cities, in-demand jobs they are known for & the population of Nigerians in said cities:
Nigerian? Planning to move to Canada? Temp or permanently?
Here are 8 Canadian cities, the most in-demand jobs they are known for & the population of Nigerians in said cities.
Perhaps, it can serve as a decision maker for you or anyone you know.
1. Toronto, Ontario Most in-demand jobs: A Tech hub. (If you are into IT and certain professional occupation this is the place for you.) Average city pay: $23.21/hr to $51.24 for 7.5 hours a day Population of Nigerians: Approx. 18,855 Employment rate: 62.6 per cent
If you are the type that loves the Lagos city life, Toronto is the place for you. I mean, if you love jaiye jaiye kind of flex, this is the place to stop.
2. Vancouver, British Columbia Most in-demand jobs: Geo-technical Engineer, Accountant, E. Engineer Average city pay: $26.58/hour for 7.5 hours a day Population of Nigerians: Approx. 1,605 Employment rate: 62.3% If you love sea food, say no more, this is your city.
3. Edmonton, Alberta Most in-demand jobs: Administrative Assistant, Legal Assistant, & Operations Manager Average city pay: $20.63/hr – $52.52/hr for 7.5 hours a day Employment rate: 69.8 per cent Population of Nigerians: Approx. 3,350
Edmonton is Canada’s festival city, so if you are always in the festive mood and you love Ogun, New Yam or Argungu festival but want to try something different, this is your city. So, come and festive your life away.
Are you a Nigerian planning to move to Canada ? Contact Tunde Omotoye
Is Canada on your radar for 2021 / near future?
1. Check your CRS score: http://t.co/XO5Heip4W7
2. How PNP pathways works: http://t.co/eVJjJdxlnm
3. Eight Canadian cities, in-demand jobs they are known for & the population of Nigerians in said cities: http://t.co/wiqPBFYQFH
— ‘Tunde Omotoye (@TundeTASH) January 3, 2021