Deadline: 15th November 2022.
ASDS Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship Accreditation Program 2023
ASDS accreditation confirms and recognizes cosmetic dermatologic surgery fellowship programs that meet high-quality standards. The accreditation program also promotes practices that provide Fellows with the proper training and expertise to perform cosmetic dermatologic surgery procedures.
The Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship Accreditation curriculum emphasizes the acquisition of knowledge and skills based upon specific categories. With only one Fellow per two faculty members, there is ample opportunity for hands-on experience as well as intimate faculty exposure and one-on-one learning.
- One calendar year of training in the office/facility of the Fellowship Director where the majority of time is spent training.
- The Fellow must participate in 300 cosmetic dermatologic surgery cases and observe 1,000 cases under the direct supervision of the Fellowship Director or Associate Fellowship Director in at least five of the eight categories identified in the Procedure Table.
- The Fellow must receive didactic and clinical instruction in all areas of the curriculum.
- The Fellow must be exposed to experiences designed to augment training: writing and reviewing clinical manuscripts, attending local and national conferences, presenting at clinical conferences and teaching residents.
Educate dermatologists in advanced cosmetic dermatologic surgery procedures.
Initiate the process of academic development in those individuals who aspire to careers in the university hospital environment.
Inspire the skills and enthusiasm required to maintain a lifelong commitment to continuing education in the field of cosmetic dermatologic surgery.
Fellows Seeking Fellowship with ASDS-Accredited Programs
All new fellow applications are processed through SF Match. Visit SF Match and select the specialty, Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery. Registered applicants can view program information and follow each registered program’s instruction on their application process. ASDS does not manage the application process.
Timeline: 2023 Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship Match for 2023 positions:
- Monday, June 6, 2022 – applicant registration begins at sfmatch.org. Please note that registration is open until the rank list deadline. Applicants are encouraged to register as early as possible to allow time to apply and for interviews.
- Thursday, Jan.5, 2023 – ALL rank lists must be submitted by 12 p.m. (noon) PST. After the deadline, rank lists choices will be locked and no changes can be made.
- Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023 – Match results are made available to programs, applicants and U.S. medical schools through the SF Match system. Login is required to view results.
- Friday, Jan. 13, 2023 – Any vacancies which remain after the match will be announced on the Immediate Vacancies page. The list is subject to change and we do our best to only post and process requests to forward applications to active vacancies.
- July 1, Aug. 1, Sept. 1, 2023 – Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery Fellowship training begins.
Fellowship Directors may request an exemption from the match participation annually. The exemptions are typically granted if the fellowship program doesn’t have an open fellowship training position, have already selected the Fellow prior to the match open date or if the program participates in another match program (e.g., MSDO).
Submit the completed application forms – including all required supporting documentation and fees – to ASDS by the application deadline date. The site review will occur after initial accreditation review is completed and provisional approval is granted.