ATNS Air Traffic Service Officer Trainee FACT X3 for South Africans – Applications are open for Air Traffic And Navigation Services Trainee FACT X3 opportunities for South Africans.
ATNS Air Traffic Service Officer Trainee FACT X3 for South Africans Job description
- Provide a support ATS function and supplementary service by maintaining standards and performance to ensure that all requirements as stipulated in regulations are met.
- Issue clearances as per the route filed on the flight plan which will determine the SID allocated.
- Obtain the aircraft’s parking bay, registration and requested flight level.
- Providing a relevant after departure clearances (SID’s or alternate non-standard departure) and departure slot times including aircrafts Call sign, Destination, requested flight level, Transponder code and slot time.
- Acting as a switchboard including the screening of private calls to ATC’s on position, requests from the public for miscellaneous information, requests from pilot and airlines for weather or take-off times or runways,
- Monitoring of SAR requirements and cancellation of SAR.
- The completions of necessary forms in the event of SAR, accidents, or incidents on behalf of ATC.
- Checking for correctness of all flight plans and allocating a reference number.
- The manipulation and monitoring of AMATIS and TopSky.
- Liaison with AIMU regarding flight plan requests.
- Assist ATC with operational duties and any other information
- Creation, extension and cancellation of Notams.
- Billing the daily stats.
- Liaison with Technical Services with regards to faulty equipment and update the unserviceability log.
- Sending departure messages and other messages via Anais.
- Provide traffic information to all aircraft operating in the flight information region.
- Check that the aircraft type, speed and wake turbulence category is correct.
- Provide weather information on request – reported and forecasted.
- Provide pertinent information about destination aerodrome or alternate aerodrome including hours of duty of manned stations, any changes in weather conditions, physical changes to the condition of the aerodrome and any other associated facilities.
- Provide alerting action where required.
- Provide the correct clearances to aircraft entering controlled airspace as required.
- Provide assistance in case of an emergency or an aircraft being lost.
- Radar monitoring for flights in FACA FIR.
- Relaying of real time estimates to/from neighbouring FIR’s and ATSU’s.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade12 with Maths & English
- Completed ATS Core Content and ATS Rating course, to be a qualified as an ATSO
- Valid Class 3 medical
- Exposure in the ATS environment (advantageous)