British Association of International and Comparative Education (BAICE) COMPARE Fellowship 2020/2021 (Fully Funded to UK)
Compare is a leading journal of international and comparative education, publishing eight issues a year of high quality articles on diverse issues of educational policy and practice around the world.
It is the official journal of the British Association of International and Comparative Education (BAICE), which works to support activities of research, teaching and collaboration in the field.
In order to maintain its significant global standing, one of Compare’s missions is to develop the diversity of its authorship, and support underrepresented groups, in light of the significant inequalities of global academic publishing. For this reason, it established in 2017 an annual Compare Fellowship, to support early career academics from the Global South in disseminating their research and scholarship to a global audience.
The fellowship will run from 1 December 2020 – 30 November 2021 and provide full financial support (including travel, accommodation and subsistence) for the following activities:
- Attending and presenting at the UKFIET conference in Oxford, UK, in September 2021
- Attending the Compare writers’ workshop at the conference (a full-day course for early career researchers)
- 2-4 week stay at an institution in the UK following the conference (to carry out library research, attend academic events, and develop publication ideas with the guidance of a mentor)
(On account of the coronavirus pandemic, the BAICE conference in September 2020 has been cancelled: instead, the fellow will be invited to the UKFIET conference the following September, 2021).
While in their country of origin, the Compare Fellow will be expected to engage in the following activities:
- Participating in e-mentoring
- Developing an article for Compare
- Facilitating the organization of activities to support academic writing for other academics in their institution/country
- Participating in Compare as a reviewer
BAICE COMPARE Fellowship 2020/2021 Requirements of applicants
- To be based currently in a university in a low-income country (according to the World Bank classification)
- To have completed their doctoral degree within the last six years
- To be teaching or researching in the field of education
BAICE COMPARE Fellowship 2020/2021 Application procedure
All applicants should send the following documents via email to [email protected]
- CV / resume (including qualifications, professional experience and publications)
- Supporting statement of 1000 words (outlining research interests, publication trajectory to date and future plans, and potential benefits of the fellowship for themselves and their institutions/countries)
- Abstract for a conference presentation on a research topic of their choice (300 words)
If contact has already been made with a potential institution and mentor in the UK, then candidates should state this; however, it is not essential to have arranged this beforehand.
The deadline for applications is 1st June, 2020
For further information, please contact Miriam McGregor, [email protected]
Afghanistan; Benin; Burkina Faso; Burundi; Central African Republic; Chad; Congo, Dem. Rep; Eritrea; Ethiopia; Gambia, The; Guinea; Guinea-Bissau; Haiti; Korea, Dem. People’s Rep.; Liberia; Madagascar; Malawi; Mali; Mozambique; Nepal; Niger; Rwanda; Sierra Leone; Somalia; South Sudan; Syrian Arab Republic; Tajikistan; Tanzania; Togo; Uganda; Yemen, Rep.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the BAICE COMPARE Fellowship 2020/20