The Youth application opens January 3, 2023! YouthWorks 2023 will operate a 5-week summer program for youth from Monday July 10th – Friday August 11th. Youth may work up five hours per day and five days per week totaling 25 hours (may work more hours in Private Sector).
YouthWorkers will be introduced to workplace experiences, financial literacy development, career exploration opportunities, and skills training. Registered youth will be emailed with more information.
Baltimore City youth ages 14 – 21 (by July 7, 2023) are eligible to apply. Scroll down to learn more about the process to upload documents to your application.
Electronic Application Process
After submitting your application, you will receive a confirmation email. YouthWorks will verify and process the electronic
application. You will then receive an email indicating your application has been approved OR if your documents are incomplete.
Upload Eligibility Documents (Youth under 18: parent’s signature required where applicable)
• Work Permit (ages 14 to 17)
• I-9 Form (Employment
• W4 (Federal Withholding Exemption Certificate)
• MW507 (MD Withholding Exemption
YouthWorks Payroll Form
• Official Deposit Proof (Existing bank account only)
Applicants must have a work authorization document:
• Social Security card (Unless previously uploaded)
• Birth certificate (Unless previously uploaded)
• U.S. Citizen ID Card
Or the documents below can serve as both Identity and Work Authorization:
• Permanent Resident Card
• Alien Registration Receipt Card
• Employment Authorization Document Card
Applicants must upload proof of identity (one of the following):
• State ID, Permit, License
• School ID
• School report card/record
• Voter registration card
Information About Work Permits For Youth Ages 14 To 17:
If you are a returning applicant, you can reuse your work permit
for up to 3 consecutive years of working with YouthWorks.
How to apply for a work permit if 14-17 years old and provide to YouthWorks
1. Go to DLLR’s website at https://bit.ly/WorkPermit-14plus, click apply
2. Fill in your information and enter the company information below
3. Review your permit and click ‘View/Print Permit’, Sign your work permit and have your parent/guardian sign.
4. Lastly, save the work permit and attach it to your application.
Address: 101 W. 24th St, Baltimore, MD 21218
Business: Public Administration
Supervisor’s Name: Nadia Sims
INFORMATION ABOUT WORK PERMIT FOR 13 YEAR OLDS
Link for the “13 Year Old Work Permit” https://bit.ly/YW13yearold-workpermit and then fill, sign, and attach it to
the youth’s application. Must turn 14 by July 7, 2023
3 PAYMENT OPTIONS (CHOOSE ONE)
• Debit PayCard
• A current bank account; to be paid directly into a bank account, enter the routing and account information on the form and upload bank document
• A new bank account through SecurityPlus. Youth interested in opening a new account should indicate that on the payroll form, and a representative will contact you for specific enrollment information.
For more Information: Visit the website for YouthWorks 2023