DEADLINE : 10th JULY, 2020.
The Public Health Department of the Bayelsa state ministry of Health with support from Global Fund (GF) Investing for Impact against TB/HIV Project, is currently seeking qualified candidates to work as Case Managers across Global fund-supported health facilities in the state.
POSITION TITLE: Health Facility Case Manager (Sexual Network Testing Partner Notification Services) (SNT_PNS) and Generalist.
PERSONS NEEDED: 26
REPORTS TO: Facility ART/PMTCT Focal Person.
LOCATION: Global Fund-supported HIV Comprehensive Care & Treatment across Bayelsa State.
|ART COMPREHENSIVE SITES|
|FACILITY NAME||LGA||No. of Case Managers needed for ART sites|
|DIETE KOKI MEMORIAL HOSPITAL||YENAGOA||5|
|GENERAL HOSPITAL SAGBAMA||SAGBAMA||3|
|GENERAL HOSPITAL AMASSOMA||SOUTHERN IJAW||3|
|GENERAL HOSPITAL AGUDAMA-EKPETIAMA||YENAGOA||1|
|GRAND CARE HOSPITAL||YENAGOA||3|
|DE GEORGE HOSPITAL||YENAGOA||2|
|NEW SURVIVORS HOSPITAL||YENAGOA||4|
|LAND MARK MEDICAL CENTER||OGBIA||2|
|COTTAGE HOSPITAL ALEIBIRI||EKEREMOR||2|
|GENERAL HOSPITAL KOLO||OGBIA||1|
- Elicits and document contacts of all index clients assigned to the case manager
- Ensures HTS are provided for all eligible contacts of index clients
- Ensures enrolment and initiation of all positive contacts of index clients
- Provides treatment education, adherence counselling and peer support to assigned clients at health facilities and community following the adherence support schedule.
- Facilitates active referrals of clients to treatment through escort services.
- Maintains a log of all assigned clients contacts (descriptive addresses and phone numbers), and keeps comprehensive records of clinic appointments and interventions carried out to support them on retention.
- Maintain confidentiality, respect privacy, and preserve the clients’ routine and independence as much as possible.
COMPETENCY: To perform the job successfully, candidate should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Basic Knowledge of HIV and AIDS epidemiology and complications.
- Team player with good interpersonal relationships and tolerance to socio-cultural differences.
- Efficient and effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively and adhere to timelines.
- Ability to follow instructions provided in verbal or written format.
Criteria for selection; Please note that Case Managers MUST be:
- Literate in both English language and local dialect.
- Preferably expert on clients and/or social workers and retired health workers who have relevant knowledge and skills. (CHEW & REGISTERED NURSE)
- The minimum qualification required for the case manager include SSCE, HND and BSC
- Resident in the communities/LGA where the health facility is domiciled.
- Should be able to communicate in the local language of beneficiaries
PHARMACY TECHNICIANS AND ABOVE, MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNICIANS AND ABOVE, COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATION WORKERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a softcopy Application letter and updated CV in 1 word document to – [email protected] within 5 days of this advert. Also indicate clearly on the application your LGA of interest.
The letter MUST be addressed to THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER, EXCELLENCE COMMUNITY EDUCATION WELFARE SCHEME (ECEWS), PLOT 8, EKPE NKEREUWEM CLOSE, UYO, AKWA-IBOM STATE.
Due to the COVID -19 challenges, there will be no physical interview. All interviews will be carried out via the Zoom platform. All applicants are encouraged to download the App in preparedness for the interview.