BET Software: VIP Security Officer Job Opportunities for South Africans. BET Software invites interested and suitably qualified candidates to apply for the following position.
- VIP Security Officer (CPT)
- VIP Security Officer – DBN
Location: Cape Town and Durban
Company primary industry
Gambling and Casinos
Job functional area
We Want You:
Are you ready to step into a position where you are not just an officer but a guardian of safety and assurance? As a VIP Officer at BET Software’s Cape Town branch, you’ll be at the forefront of creating and maintaining a secure haven for people, ensuring their peace of mind and well-being. Whether it’s through vigilant surveillance or patrolling activities, your role is crucial in preventing loss, deterring theft, and promptly reporting any irregularities. Do you believe you have the mettle to take on this pivotal role? Join us in the pursuit of safeguarding excellence, where every day is a commitment to the safety and security of those under your watch!
- Valid driver’s license (Advantageous).
- Registered with Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority (PSIRA).
What You’ll Do:
- VIPs must be present 15 minutes before the branch opens.
- Branch Manager/Senior Team leader will open branch in the presence of the VIP Officer.
- VIP Officer needs to ensure they conduct a perimeter patrol and before the branch opens.
- VIP need to check around the premises for any suspicious movements before the branch is opened.
- VIP Officer needs to be extremely vigilant and alert always of their surrounds before the opening/closing of the branch.
- VIP Officer needs to conduct a floor walk once branch is open, to observe all is order.
- VIP officer must validate all observation checks are completed before the Branch Manager/Senior Team Leader continues with their daily checks.
- During opening and closing, one VIP must be positioned away from the entrance, observing his/her colleague and checking for potential danger.
- Patrolling should include inside and outside the branch entrance, back areas and all parking areas.
- Ensure all two-way radios are fully charged, for early morning usage. Report faulty equipment immediately.
- Charge the batteries overnight so that they are useable from the beginning of your shift.
- Ensure all panic button and two-way radios are in good working conditions and keep safely.
- VIP Officers must carry their panic buttons, two-way radios and earpieces to ensure open communication and ease of access in the event of an emergency.
- The VIP Officer that is posted to the searching zone must use the scanner to search all guest entering the branch including team members.
- Ensure at the searching zone the branch door or the gate is always kept close.
- VIP Officers are not allowed to cross gender scan guest entering the branch.
- Male guest must be scanned by only male VIP Officers, female guest to be scanned by only female VIP’s.
- VIP Officers must ensure to search female bags with a stick. Male guests are not allowed to bring in their bags.
- VIP Officer is to direct traffic on our premises and ensure the free flow of foot traffic and to control the number of vehicles entering and exiting the building.
- End of day closing procedure, VIP Officer must minimize entry by sliding close one door to ensure security of minimizing high risk.
- VIP Officers must attend branch meeting when notified by the Branch Manager to attend.
- VIPs to assist when receiving stock, doing alarm test and submitting of daily report every morning by 10:00.
- First impressions last – VIP Officers are at the forefront of Hollywood.
- VIP Officers are the first encounter with the guest.
- Ensure to make the impression by greeting the Guest with “Good day, welcome to BET Software.”
- Ensure to provide good guest service by being friendly, helpful, polite and courteous always.
- Pro-actively address guest complaints and ensure guest feedback is communicated clearly in an effective and positive manner.
- Always create a guest centric culture within the branch and drive the philosophy of “service with a smile”.
- Always treat our guests with respect and have a good attitude.
- When guest are leaving the branch, VIP Officer to wish the guest good evening or good night and ask them to come again. “Good Bye Sir, please come again.”
- VIP Officers must ensure they are dressed in full Amadoda uniforms with their name badges before the beginning of their shift. (black shoes, black socks and white vest only).
- Scan all persons entering the premises including team members.
- Be observant of guest leaving the branch, identify if they entered the branch with something you noticed and are leaving without that object.
- No bags are allowed inside the premises.
- No weapons/guns are allowed into the premises (except on an official law enforcement officer).
- No person under the age of 18 is allowed into the premises.
- If you are dealing with a difficult customer contact your colleagues and press the panic button before the situation escalates out of control.
- In branches with no liquor license, no alcohol is allowed on the premises.
- Credit bets are not allowed to be taken by any team member.
- VIP Officers on duty are not allowed to take bets with Amadoda uniform.
- VIP Officers on duty are not allowed to utilise the limited pay-out machine.
Code of Conduct
- While on duty you will not sit or lounge, make use of your cell phone or eat.
- No smoking on duty.
- You will not report for duty under the influence of alcohol.
- You will not abandon your post. This could lead to disciplinary action against you.
- You are not allowed to sleep on duty. This will lead to disciplinary action against you.
- You will not have casual conversations with friends/other team members while at your post.
- You will not accept tips from the guest.
- Actively promote the BET Software values.
- Live the values and lead as an example to the team.
- VIP Officer must report their absenteeism to the Branch Manager/Senior Team Leader 2 hours before their shift begins.
- Able to work in a rotating shift/work flexible hour. Ensure the ability to work independently. Ensure you physical fitness is always obtained in line with the job requirements.
The Company We Keep:
At BET Software, we don’t just recruit talent, we cultivate it. Our learning and development programmes, our various opportunities for growth, and our well-deserved incentives are what keep our All-Star Team the best amongst the rest.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered. If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.