Deadline: 11 September 2023
BIGEN Africa Bursary Program 2024 Application for South African Engineering Students
Applications for the 2024 educational year are now open. Bigen grows young engineering talent through our bursary program.
Bigen offers bursaries to students studying towards engineering degrees related to our services at any of the recognised South African universities offering these qualifications.
Our bursary funding is a fixed amount, sufficient to cover tuition, registration fees, book fees and other necessary expenses.
The benefits of becoming a Bigen Bursary Student
- Receiving regular communication.
- Invitations to attend selected Bigen functions.
- Inclusion in the Bigen Young Professionals Forum.
- Paid vacation work.
Bursary eligibility criteria
- Student must have acceptance to the university.
- Students in 1st year a minimum 70% average.
- Students in 2nd – 3rd year a minimum 65% average.
- South African Citizen
- Must not be a holder of any other bursary and/or sponsorship including NSFAS
- Leadership Acumen
Bursary application process
Online Bursary Applications open in July. You will have to attach the following documents to your online application:
- A copy of your CV in PDF format
- A certified copy of your South African ID or Smart ID card
- A copy of your academic records as proof that you have obtained the minimum academic requirements of:
– 1st year Students a minimum 70 % average.
– Students in 2nd – 3rd year a minimum 65% average.
When completing the bursary application take note of the following:
- Incomplete application forms will cause the applicant to be disqualified
- Invalid or incorrect contact details will also result in disqualification.