Border Management Authority (BMA) Immigration Specialist Posts x68- The Boarder Management Authority (BMA) invites suitable persons to apply for ‘Immigration Specialist’ posts.
Number of positions: x68
The establishment of the Border Management Authority was enabled by a legal framework that allowed a single authority to execute functions on behalf of multiple principal Organs of State regarding specifically defined functions, whether they be at Ports of Entry or the Border Law Enforcement Area.
The Border Management Authority Act (No. 2 of 2020) was assented to and signed into law by the President in July 2020. The Border Management Authority has identified the need to recruit additional Immigration Specialists.
POST: IMMIGRATION SPECIALIST
Branch : Operations
PORT OF ENTRY
- OR TAMBO INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT X 20
- CAPE TOWN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT X 10
- CAPE TOWN HARBOUR X 1
- VIOOLSDRIFT X 2
- PAFURI X 1
- GOLELA X 1
- FICKSBURG X 1
- KING SHAKA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT X 1
- CHIEF DAWID STUURMAN INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT X 2
- PEKA BRIDGE X 1
- ONSEEPKANS X 1
- SKILPADSHEK X 1
- MASERU BRIDGE X 1
- MC CARTHYS RBRAY X 2
- GROBLERSBRIDGE X 1
- QACHASNEK X 2
- PORT ELIZABETH HARBOUR X 2
- PORT OF NQURA X 2
- PORT OF RICHARDS BAY X 2
- MOSSELBAY X 2
- SALDANHABAY X 2
- TELLEBRIDGE X 3EST X 1
- TWEE RIVIEREN X 2
- RIETFONTEIN X 2
- GEMSBOK X 2
SALARY: R241 485 PLUS BENEFITS
- A Grade 12 Certificate as recognised by SAQA with minimum of 1 year work experience in customer care service /law enforcement / security experience.
- A relevant 3 year tertiary qualification recognised by SAQA will serve as an added advantage
- Completion of the Cadet or Internship Programme within the Department of Home Affairs will be an added advantage Knowledge of the South African Constitution, Public Service Act and Regulations, Public Finance Management Act, Immigration Act, Refugees Act, Criminal Prosecution Act
- Knowledge of International and Regional agreements and instruments. Computer literacy
- Customer orientation and service delivery improvement orientation, within the context of legal frameworks Good written and verbal communication Proven business partnering and stakeholder engagement Patriotic
- Honesty and Integrity
- Interrogation skills
- Security oriented, Team player, Decisive
- Shift work and willingness to work
- Candidates should be prepared to relocate to other Ports of Entry should operational requirements necessitate.
- Preference will be given to local applicants.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks:
- Exercise control over the admission and departure of persons to and from the Republic through the Port of Entry
- Conduct clearance of travellers and signing in of crew members on arrival and departure. Ensure effective processing of asylum seekers in terms of the Refugees Act
- Clear out conveyers upon arrival and before departure Ensure effective processing of inadmissible, undesirable and prohibited persons
- Ensure effective processing of stowaways
- Ensure that conveyors who contravene the Immigration Act are issued with prescribed administrative fines
- Facilitate the prosecution of imposters and people travelling with fraudulent documentation.
How To Apply
Comprehensive CVs should be accompanied by the application form downloadable from the BMA website (www.bma.gov.za). All applications should be sent to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified copies of their qualifications.