Bridgestone General Worker Vacancy for South Africans
General Worker – Secunda
JobReq ID: 49001
Type of work: On site
Type of contract: Open-ended/permanent
Full/Part Time: Full time
Location: Wadeville, ZA
We are looking for a General Worker reporting directly to the Branch Manager. This is a local role, based in Secunda.
You will ensure that all the tyres are maintained.
- All vehicles to leave the yard with tyres as per SLA;
- All vehicles are surveyed at least once a month;
- Conduct pressure maintenance and correctly capture pressure readings on Survey Sheet;
- Capture tread depth readings over three sections of the tread area and capture on Survey Sheet;
- Fit all wheel positions with valve caps and on all dual positions a valve extension;
- All tyre movements are captured on a Tyre Change Slip;
- All wheel changes must be done subject to SLA;
- Remove smooth tyres and match tread, size and status mismatches;
- Remove tyres with a pressure reading under a 15% of the recommended pressure and check for irregularities;
- Brand tyres as per Bridgestone Commercial and Client agreement;
- Torque all wheel positions at least once a month;
- Report all wheel defects with a Tyre Action Report;
- Inspect and clean rims before fitting tyres.
- Stock is taken on a daily basis in a Bridgestone Commercial Stock Book;
- Stock must be taken by size and brand number;
- Report daily stock to Customer. (Sign off Stock Sheet);
- All tyres in stock must have a brand number for identification.
Health & Safety
- Correctly lift motor vehicle;
- Utilize correct tools for the job;
- Correctly fit tyres to rim;
- Fit wheels on to motor vehicles correctly;
- Always dressed in Bridgestone Commercial PPE;
- Handle tools with care and keep them clean at all times;
- Ensure work area and yard is always clean;
- Machines & tools are always stored correct and safely;
- Dressing rooms are always presentable and neat;
- Ensure that no company property gets damaged;
- Tyres are neatly packed and clearly marked for easy identification;Comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Ensure Personal Protective Equipment and facilities provided by the company are in good and clean working condition.
- Capture tyre survey info in a Bridgestone Commercial Survey Book;
- Capture all tyre movements in a Bridgestone Commercial Tyre Change Slip Book;
- All tyres sent to the factory must be captured in a Factory Control Book;
- Keep a Branding Register of all tyres branded;
- All paperwork must be stored in a save dry place.
- Identify all Maintenance Related Problems and report to the customer;
- Maintain a good working relationship with the customer;
- Undertake all reasonable requests and instructions, given verbally or in writing that fallswithin the parameters of own line of duty;
- Ensure customer satisfaction at all times.
- Torque wrench spring relax after use;
- Lubricate impact on daily basis;
- Drain water traps and compressor daily;
- Clean and store equipment daily;
- Compliance to health and safety procedures on site.
- National Senior Certificate
- Proficiency in English
- 2 years tyre experience
Why should you apply?
- We are passionate about our people and want to offer them the opportunity to develop and grow.
- Bridgestone as a global company drives your career to the next level by offering you possibilities to work in an international setting.
- You will have the opportunity to work with leading technologies.
- We help you to drive your career path onward and upward work in a culture of feedback that recognizes you and helps your development.
- You will work in a healthy and safety environment, as safety is a key priority area in Bridgestone.
If you can demonstrate the skills we are looking for and would like to make a difference in a Pioneering company dedicated to shaping a sustainable future of real-world mobility solutions, join us at Bridgestone!