British Institute in East Africa BIEA Graduate Attachment Scheme (G.A.S) 2024 – The BIEA graduate attachments offer recent graduates with an interest in further studies in any discipline in the Humanities and Social Sciences in Africa, the opportunity to gain practical research experience and develop their networks in a three-month enrolment at the BIEA in Nairobi, Kenya.
While subject to change, BIEA graduate attachés:
- Will develop their research interests in the region via dedicated library time enabling the development of a literature review using our well-stocked library.
- Gain practical experience of conducting research in East Africa by working as a research assistant for innovative historical, archaeological, anthropological, political science or legal projects.
- Develop international networks with early career and established researchers.
- Gain administrative skills and experience by assisting the BIEA in the organisation of events and in the day-to-day activities of the institute.
- Have the opportunity to take beginner, intermediate or advanced Kiswahili classes.
Graduate attachés will receive a monthly salary while staying in Nairobi for the duration of their attachment. The BIEA will assist in identifying suitable accommodation close to the BIEA if required. The BIEA will cover the cost of travel to and from Nairobi, a visa if required, and insurance for the period of the attachment.
The G.A.S scheme will run in 2 cohorts in 2024: June – August; September – November. Applicants should indicate their preferred cohort although this cannot be guaranteed. Deadline for applications is 14th MARCH 2024. To apply please see here
We will endeavour to inform successful applicants by end April. If you have not heard from us by the end of April, please consider your application unsuccessful this time.
Any questions about G.A.S scheme should be directed to Dr Kennedy Gitu, Kenya Country Director, at email@example.com
Application Forms here: https://biea.ac.uk/forms/