Application Deadline: October 14, 2019
Applications are now open for the Advancing Long-term Leadership Initiative (ALLI): Indo-Pacific Summit 2019 in Tokyo, Japan.
Advancing Long-term Leadership Initiative (ALLI): Indo-Pacific Summit aims to bring together youth from the Indo-Pacific region to learn new skills and collaborate on common issues facing their countries for a two day Summit in Tokyo, Japan to take place on Friday, December 13th and Saturday, December 14th, 2019.
Topics and Themes: (Subject to modifications as program is planned and speakers are sourced.)
- Environmental and Natural Resource Management
Tools to work better with our Planet.
- Disaster Management and Resilience
Learning about what it takes to deal with the rapidly changing world and rebuild sustainably in the region.
- Civic Engagement
Promoting youth involvement in government and society.
- Economic Development
Learning about entrepreneurship and business opportunities in the region.
- Global Competency for Cross-Cultural Collaboration
Building the skills needed to work together across the region and the world for successful interactions.
- Growing an Indo-Pacific Identity
Interacting with participants from the region and discussing common goals.
Virtual activities will begin 11 November 2019
Arrive in Tokyo, Japan, 11 December 2019
Summit in Tokyo, Japan, 13 – 14 December 2019
Depart Tokyo, Japan, 15 December 2019
The following expenses are paid for by grant funds from the U.S. Embassy Tokyo.
Round-trip travel to Tokyo
Lodging in Tokyo during the Summit.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria to be eligible for the program:
- Applicants must be 20-27 years old at time of the Summit
One of the following criteria must apply to you:
- currently enrolled in a post-secondary education institution
within a year from having graduated from a post-secondary education institution
currently be employed full-time
- participating in a fellowship or internship
- Applicants must be an alumnus of a U.S. Department of State-sponsored exchange program. Southeast Asian applicants must be YSEALI alumni, and Japanese applicants must be TOMODACHI program alumni. (Please note only domestic travel within Japan will be covered for Japanese participants.), U.S. applicants must be alumni of either TOMODACHI or another State Department sponsored exchange program)
- Applicants must be a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United States, or Vietnam
- All applicants must be proficient in English – all Summit activities will be conducted in English.
Eligible Regions: Australia, Brunei, Cambodia, India, Indonesia, Japan, Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, United States, or Vietnam
Apply online through the given link.
Application Deadline: 11:00 PM (JST), 14 October 2019.
For more Information : Visit the website for ALLI Indo-Pacific Summit 2019 in Japan (Fully Funded)