Deadline: 18 November 2022.
Carnegie Ethics Fellowship Program 2023
Applications are now open for our new Carnegie Ethics Fellowship, a two-year program that offers young professionals exclusive ethics-based educational, publishing, and networking opportunities.
The Carnegie Ethics Fellowship is a space for talented professionals to develop their capabilities and be examples of values-driven responsible leadership. Fellows will collaborate on projects curated by Carnegie Council for Ethics in International Affairs, where they will have the opportunity to contribute to work that has deep connections to both New York and the broader world.
The Fellowship is part of Carnegie Council’s significant commitment to developing ethics in leadership and to the communities of experts that work toward this end, aligning the power of decision-making with reflective right action.
Those selected as Carnegie Ethics Fellows will have access to a unique set of benefits:
- A leadership cohort nested in a set of Carnegie Council leadership communities—its expert network, its affiliate network, and the alumni network that will grow from the Fellowship;
- A two-year curriculum with sponsored/endorsed modules for personal-professional development curated by Carnegie Council and its partners;
- Collaborative opportunities for Fellows, Carnegie Council partners, and global experts that connect the leadership cohort to the world through institutions, themes, and projects;
- An inclusive and open space to foster deeper discussion, to cultivate new relationships through shared experiences, and to broaden networks across industries, sectors, and communities;
- Tailored events designed to bring cohorts, alumni, and guests together each year and build a strong community of support; and
- Opportunities for thought leadership, publication, and content creation in collaboration with Carnegie Council in order to reach a global audience
The two-year Fellowship is structured to develop the next generation of ethical leaders from business, government, academic, and non-governmental organizations. The Fellowship will serve as a critical component in advancing the Council’s mission of empowering ethics by identifying and addressing the most critical ethical issues of today and tomorrow.
- Career level with growing leadership responsibilities
- A drive for values-focused leadership in personal endeavors as well as at the international level
- A desire to develop personally and understand the connection to large-scale outcomes
- The ability to work in multicultural, multisectoral, and/or multistakeholder teams
- The ability to collaborate effectively with others
- Ages 25-35 (exceptions are possible but limited)
Commitment for Selected Fellows:
- Participation in three experiential modules per year for a total of nine to ten days per year (Weekends will be prioritized, and Carnegie Council will provide documentation as needed for employers)
- Elective participation in activities that support the leadership framework (Virtual events, meetings, learning journeys, salons, and more)
- Working with a team on the delivery of a group project curated by Carnegie Council
- Respect and support for cohort members, the Fellowship, and Carnegie Council’s mission of empowering ethics
How to Apply
We are currently accepting applications and will be interviewing candidates, closing the process once a cohort is filled. We strongly encourage you to give yourself enough time to complete the entire application.
Please review these dates before applying. These dates are firm; the Council will not accommodate requests for changes to these dates.
- Carnegie Ethics Fellows Application Deadline: November 18
- Carnegie Confirms Receipt of Materials by: November 23
- Finalists Notified: December 7
- Finalist Confirmation Due: December 21
- Cohort 2023 Announcement: January 2023
Modules – Three-Day In-Person Workshops
- March 2023
- July 2023
- October 2023