Deadline: September 23, 2021.
Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) Internship Program 2021 for Kenyans
In line with its mandate of maintaining stability and fostering a stable financial system, the Central Bank of Kenya has been running an Internship Program that seeks to develop a pool of young talent adequately exposed to Central and Commercial banking operations. The Internship Program runs for six (6) months after which the candidates are released to pursue opportunities in the job market.
The objective of the Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program is to develop and prepare young talent to take up employment opportunities that come up in the Kenyan Banking and Financial Sector. The Internship Program also provides participants with an excellent opportunity to gain workplace experience, expand knowledge, refine career goals and build professional networks, including mentors and valuable contacts.
a) A first degree from a recognised university in any of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Statistics, Banking, Accounting, Micro-Finance, Management or Social Sciences, Law, or related discipline or a Master’s degree in a relevant field;
b) Kenyan between 21 and 29 years of age;
c) Must have graduated within the last 24 months from the closing date of the advertisement and/or awaiting graduation;
d) Applicants must provide a recommendation/reference letter from the university attended; and
e) Should not have undertaken any other Internship Program or been exposed to work-place experience related to their area of study since graduating.
a) Should possess strong interpersonal and communication skills
b) Must be goal oriented, focused, dynamic, passionate and self-motivate
c) Must be a team player and have the ability to solve problems
d) Should possess high levels of integrity and professionalism
e) Must be computer proficient.
Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program 2021 Application Procedure
- CBK hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for the Central Bank of Kenya Internship Program. Opportunities are available in the following functions; Finance, Research, Banking and Payment Services, Human Resources, Communications and Legal Services.
- Those interested are requested to submit their online applications using the link http://careers.centralbank.go.ke:8443, attaching a duly completed program application form, copies of academic certificates, transcripts/documents and a recommendation/reference letter from your learning institution.
- The application must be received on or before September 23, 2021.
- Applicants are requested to note the following important information:
- a) The Bank WILL NOT offer employment after the completion of the Internship Program. However, applicants
- who successfully complete the program are allowed to apply for any positions the Bank advertises after
- completion of the Internship Program.
- b) Successful candidates will be required to complete the six months’ Internship Program without a break to fully benefit from the objectives of the program.
- c) INCOMPLETE applications will not be considered; and
- d) Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For More Information: Visit the Official Webpage of the Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) Internship Program 2021