FATE Foundation in partnership with the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women, is pleased to announce the launch of the Road to Growth Programme 2023 for Nigerian women entrepreneurs leading a business in Oyo and Ogun State who want to Experience Increased Confidence and Capacity in Business.
The programme is funded by Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and other partners. Road to Growth equips women entrepreneurs in low and middle-income countries with business skills, financial literacy, networks, and confidence so they can achieve business growth.
The programme aims to support 100 women Entrepreneurs running businesses in Oyo and Ogun States to break through barriers and support them to succeed.
Additional Post Programme Benefits:
- Enterprise Training and Capacity Building
- Growth and Advisory Support
- Financial Literacy
- Access to Free Business Support Tools and Networks
- Membership in FATE Alumni Network
The curriculum is designed to offer an all-inclusive set of courses that addresses all the key tools needed in growing and running an effective business. At the end of the training, participants will gain the necessary Knowledge, skills, attitudes, and confidence to grow their businesses, and apply for relevant financial services.
The Curriculum is intensive and includes the following key learning objectives:
- What are business operational objectives
- Key components of a business Growth Plan
- Market segmentation and market analysis
- Key considerations in forecasting sales
- Factors that affect the cash flow of a business
- What are financial statements and their importance
- The different types of financial services that may be relevant, when to consider borrowing, and what the application process consists of
- How financial institutions analyse a business’s financial statements
The Road to growth programme is a 7 Week Hybrid Programme, that will take place 8-10 hours per week on the Learning Management System (LMS), Virtual Class sessions, WhatsApp Group sessions, and In-person sessions, using innovative classroom management tools. Lectures will be delivered in modules that afford participants the flexibility of time to run their businesses, while they participate in the programme. The core part of the program will include the following modules:
- Connections (Intro to Road to Growth)
- Context (Knowing Your Market)
- Communication (Digital Marketing)
- Capacity (Knowing Your Business)
- Capital (About Financing)
- Character (Financial Relationships)
- Confidence (Applying for Financing)
As the classes progress, participants will be developing their growth plans and make immediate improvements in their respective businesses where necessary.
States Cohort CFA Program start and end dates
Ogun cohort 1 September 1 – September 15, 2023 September 25 – November 10
Oyo cohort September 1 – September 29, 2023 October 16 – December 1 2023
Ogun cohort 2 September 1 – December 4 2023 January 22 – March 5, 2024
Women entrepreneurs who:
• Own at least 50% of the business in Nigeria
• Have a business which has generated profit for at least 2 years
• Have 3-49 employees
• Have basic computer literacy
• Are able to read and write English
• Have a strong desire and commitment to grow their business(es)
• Have had no previous access to loans and have a need for additional investment.
How To Apply
Stage I: Interested applicants can apply using the Apply Button on our Application Platform (SOAR)
Stage II: Following a review of all received applications, candidates will be shortlisted for a 10-minute phone/video interview after which 35 applicants will be selected for Ogun and 30 for Oyo cohort of the programme.
Through the partnership with and the support of the Cherie Blair Foundation for Women and other partners, the programme is FREE to all entrepreneurs who successfully scale through the two application stages. This scholarship support covers all direct course fees including course materials, books, data support, and post programme support.
This is a Hybrid training, and it is expected that each entrepreneur enrolled for the programme must be from the location/state where you have applied for the programme. This will also be verified during the shortlisting/selection process.
Who can Apply
To be eligible, you must be a:
Women Entrepreneurs in Ogun and Oyo states
When Can I Apply?
Applications will be open from 1st September 2023. We recommend applicants register early before the start of the programme.
How many entrepreneurs are you selecting?
35 Entrepreneurs for Ogun cohort and 30 for Oyo cohort
Is there a fee to participate?
No, the programme is free of charge.
How do I know if my application has been successful?
All qualified applicants will be contacted. Once you are contacted, then your application was successful.
Can I make changes in my application after I have submitted it, or can I do a fresh application instead?
No, changes are not allowed after submission. We advise you to thoroughly check your application before submitting it.
What is the time involvement expected for participants?
8-10 hours weekly classes
Can a member of my team replace me in the program?
No. Only the business owner/founder/co-founder that applied for this programme is allowed to participate.
Where Should I Send any Enquiries?
Kindly send an email to [email protected]. Also, follow @FATE Foundation on Facebook and Instagram to stay updated with more information and announcements about the program.
For more Information: Visit Source