Deadline: 19th October 2020.
Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship Programme 2020-2021 for mid-career professionals
The Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship Programme is an exciting opportunity for Indians aimed at mid-career professionals with demonstrable leadership potential in the field of cyber security or cyber policy in India.
The fellowship is funded by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
The fellowship is hosted by Cranfield University, at the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom (Shrivenham Campus).
This ten-week fellowship provides fellows with an understanding of policy and legislative approaches in cyber security and its implications for national security, commercial opportunity, crime prevention, and the right to privacy.
The fellowship will focus on:
- Cyber threats, including: the threat landscape, threat and risk assessment, the implications for national security, and the relevance of internet governance structures; and the protection of critical national infrastructure.
- The economics of online business, cyber-security consumer awareness and consumer protection, technology adoption challenges, the relevance of open source, and effective technology adoption by consumers.
- Cyber-crime and internet law, including the economic impact of cyber-crime, domestic and international approaches to countering cyber-crime, internet law, law enforcement concerns, privacy concerns, the use and abuse of social media, and accountability in cyberspace.
- Relevant issues and challenges particular to the UK and India.
Alumni from this fellowship include individuals working in cyber security, law enforcement, policy organisations, corporate lawyers and practicing advocates, and technology journalists.
This fellowship programme will commence in March 2021.
- Full programme fees.
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship.
- Return economy airfare from India to the UK.
Eligibility – Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship Programme
To be eligible for a Chevening Cyber Security Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country.
- Return to your country of citizenship at the end of the period of the fellowship.
- Not hold British or dual-British citizenship.
- Have at least seven years’ relevant work experience prior to applying.
- Have a postgraduate level qualification and an excellent academic background in science, engineering, or technology, or equivalent professional training, or experience in a relevant area at the time of application.
- Have significant relevant work experience in cyber security or cyber policy issues. Relevant experience could come from policy organisations, academia, corporate law, law enforcement, or journalism.
- Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor.
- Have a demonstrable record of leadership and/or innovation.
- Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations of the fellowship.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are eligible and believe you would be a strong candidate for a place on this programme, we encourage you to apply before the deadline on 19 October.
For more Information: Visit the website for Chevening India Cyber Security Fellowship Programme 2020-2021 for mid-career professionals