China Scholarship Council Youth of Excellence Scheme
HEC Announcement – In order to train global governance talents with a broad international perspective, superior comprehensive quality, outstanding leadership and multicultural background. China Scholarship Council implements the Youth of Excellence Scheme of China Program.
The China Scholarship Council (CSC) is looking for talented young people from around the world with a broad international perspective.
1) Number of students to be enrolled: 200
2) Supporting Candidates: Master students
3) Teaching language: English
4) Training approach and duration:
In principle, the curriculum leads to a master’s degree and lasts 12 months. Some programs follow the “1+1” paradigm, which requires students to do their full-time basic course work and research in Chinese universities in the first academic year while finishing up their dissertation preparations. Before traveling to China to defend their dissertations as required by the universities, they must work in their home countries during the second academic year and finish their dissertations based on studies and actual work. A degree will be awarded to those who successfully complete the defense.
5) Coverage: Full scholarship
China Scholarship Council Youth of Excellence Scheme Application requirements
1) An applicant must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be under the age of 45 in good health both mentally and physically.
2) An applicant must have a bachelor’s degree or higher degree and at least three years of work experience. Those with professional training or work experience related to the proposed program will be given preference.
3) An applicant must fall into one of the following four categories:
① A government official at the division chief level (or equivalent level) or above;
② A senior manager of an institution or enterprise;
③ An administrator of a university or scientific research institution;
④ Those who have relevant employment or internship experience in international organizations.
4) The pre-admission letter given by the university must contain all of the necessary information of registration, such as personal information, the admission date and major’s information. It cannot contain any information about having received or promised to receive Chinese government scholarships.
1) Online application
Applicants should log on to the Chinese Government Scholarship System for online application (http:// studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/#/login) and submit application materials before April 30, 2023.
Applicants should have received a pre-admission letter from one of 72 subprograms at least when they apply. When applying online, choose “Type A” for “Scholarship Type”. The agency code is 1563, and applicants need to find “Youth of Excellence Scheme of China”.
2) Handling of applications
The China Scholarship Council accepts individual applications directly, and reviews the materials submitted by applicants then arranges expert review.
Assessment and enrollment
1) The application materials will undergo a preliminary examination by the China Scholarship Council.
2) China Scholarship Council will arrange a second examination by a panel of experts. The final enrollment results will be announced after expert review.
Details regarding financial coverage, eligibility criteria, application procedure, and application form are available on the below mentioned website.
The last date of submitting online application is 30th April 2023.
Note: It is the sole responsibility of student(s) applying for any professional degree (Medical, Engineering, Nursing, Architecture, Law, Veterinary Medicine etc.) to first get confirmed its accreditation from the respective Councils i.e. Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), Pakistan Council for Architects and Town Planners (PCATP), Pakistan Bar Council (PBC), Pakistan Veterinary Medical Council (PVMC), Pakistan Technology Council etc.