City of Capetown Emerging Artists Programme 2022
Our Arts and Culture Department has developed the Emerging Artists Programme. The programme supports talented artists in accessing art supplies, finding exhibition and studio space and selling their work.
Apply for the Emerging Artists Programme
Under-resourced emerging artists based in Cape Town can benefit from opportunities to gain experience and exposure, showcase local talent and sell their works.
The City runs various workshops throughout the year, as part of the Emerging Artists Programme. The workshops are designed to give under-resourced artists from previously disadvantaged backgrounds the opportunity to gain experience and exposure, showcase their talent and sell their work.
There are two separate workshops and you can choose to take part in either, or both.
If you are selected for the capacity building workshop, you will take part in in-depth discussions on topics that cover how to source art supplies to finding exhibition and studio space.
If you are selected for the exhibition workshop, you will learn how to put an exhibition together and have the opportunity to showcase and sell your work at a venue in the city.
Take note of the following before submitting your application:
- The programme is open to any emerging artist who is based in Cape Town and who either paints, sculpts or draws.
- There is no age limit.
- Workshops are held at various venues across the city during evenings and weekends. All sessions are compulsory.
City of Capetown Emerging Artists Programme 2022 Application
For more information, see: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD APPLICATION AND APPLY
As per the Protection of Personal Informaiton (PoPI) Act, No. 4 of 2013, the Personal information requested here will only be used to:
- Process your application and add your details to our Emerging Artists Database.
- Contact you as and when suitable programmes, showcase opportunities and related events become available.
- Keep track of our programme participants and regularly assess whether our programmes are meeting its objectives.
Once you have completed the application form, your information will be captured into a database and we will contact you once certain criteria has been met. Should you wish to opt out at any time or require further information, you can let us know by sending your request to [email protected]. You will be removed from the database and all your data will also be destroyed/anonymised if you choose to opt out.