City of Johannesburg Municipality x200 Bursaries 2024
This opportunity is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg community
City of Johannesburg Municipality Bursary 2024 Application- The City of Johannesburg Municipality is committed to provide skills development and
educational opportunities, not only for its employees, but also for the Johannesburg
community members. The City is offering 200 bursaries to South African youth, who
permanently reside in Johannesburg, to pursue full-time undergraduate studies in one of
the following fields:
- Actuarial Science Information Management
- Build Environment (Architecture, Construction, Inspectors)
- Health (All Fields)
- International Relations and Protocol
- Community Services
- Curatorial Studies
- Emergency Management Services/Disaster Management
Engineering (All Fields)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Environmental Management
- Municipal Governance
- Finance (All Fields)
- Quantity Surveying
- Geo Information Science
- Real Estate (Property management, Property
- Information Technology (All Fields)
- Town and Regional Planning
Criteria for Selection
• Selection of successful candidates will be strictly on academic merit.
• Applicants are expected to study at an accredited South African tertiary institution.
• Applicants should not be in receipt of any other grants/bursaries/any form of funding
for study purposes.
• The bursary is for qualifications of no less than one year.
• The bursary is not applicable for postgraduate qualifications.
The bursary is renewable annually, based on academic performance/results.
It is the student’s responsibility to seek admission at a tertiary institution.
The Bursary covers
Tuition and registration fees, prescribed books and/or study material and is limited to the
amount of R40 000,00 per academic year.
Certified copies of the following must accompany applications:
• Most recent academic record.
• South African Identity Document.
• Proof of residency in Johannesburg (statement of Water & Lights, Rates & Taxes).
• Parents proof of income/death certificate(s) affidavit in cases where the student does not
have one or both parents
Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response
is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful.
Contact Person: Billy Baloyi
Tel No: (011) 407 6979
City of Johannesburg Municipality Bursary 2024 Application
Please take note that only online applications will be considered. Please apply by
using the following link below:
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za