KWAZULU-NATAL PROVINCE COOPERATIVE GOVERNANCE AND TRADITIONAL AFFAIRS
REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA BURSARY OPPORTUNITIES 2024
COGTA Bursary 2024 Opportunities for South Africans- The Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs is offering bursaries to students who are residents of KwaZulu-Natal interested in pursuing a tertiary qualification in the fields of study indicated below:
NATIONAL DIPLOMA OR BACHELOR’S DEGREE IN:
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Information Technology/Computer Science
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Geographical Information Systems (Geography, Remote Sensing and Cartography)
- Land Surveying/Quantity Surveying/Valuation
- Disaster Management
- Auditing/Supply Chain Management or Risk Management
Who can Apply for COGTA Bursary 2024 Opportunities
- Youth in possession of a matric/grade 12 certificate, between the ages of 18-35 years
and who are from the KwaZulu-Natal Province.
- Students in possession of an acceptance/provisional acceptance letter from a public institution of higher learning and willing to study in fields as indicated in this advert.
- Students who are currently studying towards qualifications indicated in this advert.
CLOSING DATE – 22 December 2023
Ms J Mchunu
Tel: 033 2608267 Mr S Zondi
Tel: 033 2608271
Ms H Pitout
Tel: 033 2608268 Ms V Govender
Tel: 033 2608266
TO APPLY, KINDLY FORWARD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
- Bursary application form (this is obtainable from the Department’s website and COGTA office’s)
- Certified copies of Identity document (ID) including your parents’ ID and/or your guardians’ ID/ death certificate where applicable.
- Certified copy of Matric certificate and current statement of results if already studying.
- Proof of income and expenditure statement of parents/legal guardians must be provided or a letter from the Department of labour stating that they are unemployed (payslip, receipt or bank statement).
- Proof of registration/acceptance letter from institution of higher learning/proof of CAO application.
- Proof of Residence.
A) It is the responsibility of the student to seek admission with a tertiary institution and accommodation within University residence. Successful applicants will enter into a contract for a number of years’ equivalent to the duration of their period of study. The bursary is for full time study at a public institution and covers tuition fees, meals, accommodation, stipend and prescribed textbooks.
B) Service Obligation: A bursar will be required to serve the Department for the same number of years specified in the Bursary Contract.
C) If you have not been contacted within 4 months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
D) Only applications from students who are/will be studying at institutions within the KZN Province will be considered, except where the qualification is not offered at a tertiary institution in KwaZulu-Natal or the applicant was not accepted by any of the tertiary institutions in KwaZulu-Natal. Proof of non-acceptance by tertiary institutions in KwaZulu Natal must be submitted with the application form.
E) Youth with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Post applications to: Postal address: The Bursary Unit, Human Capital Development, Department of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, Private Bag X9078, Pietermaritzburg, 3200,
Physical address: Natalia Building, 330 Langalibalele Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3201.
GROWING KWAZULU-NATAL TOGETHER