Deadline: 30th November 2022
Company Ventures City Fellowship Program 2023
The Company Ventures City Fellowship Program is a 6-month program offered in partnership with NYCEDC to leverage VC networks acumen in support of historically marginalized entrepreneurs who are solving entrenched challenges for New Yorkers. The program is focused on deep impact more so than the speed of growth or scale, with a commitment to economic equity and climate justice.
DETAILS AND CRITERIA
- YOU ARE A NYC-BASED, TECH-FORWARD ENTREPRENEUR WHO IS WORKING TO PROVIDE THOUGHTFUL SOLUTIONS AND IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN NYC.
- YOU MAY BE LEADING A FOR-PROFIT OR NONPROFIT, SMALL BUSINESS, OR TECH STARTUP – ALL ARE WELCOME.
- EARLY STAGE OPERATORS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY – MUST SHOW PRELIMINARY TRACTION THROUGH REVENUE, FUNDRAISING, TEAM DEVELOPMENT OR OTHER MEANS.
- PREFERENCE FOR THOSE WHO ARE DOUBLING DOWN ON ECONOMIC EQUITY AND/OR CLIMATE JUSTICE.
- YOU ARE WILLING TO COMMIT TO 5 HOURS EACH MONTH FOR HYBRID EVENTS, ENGAGE WITH OUR NORTH STAR PROGRAM FOCUSED ON VALUES-BASED LEADERSHIP, AND PARTICIPATE IN OUR CUNY INTERNSHIP PROGRAM.
- COMPANY VENTURES HAS PARTNERED WITH NYCEDC AND AMAZON TO MAKE THIS PROGRAM POSSIBLE. CONTACT US IF YOU’D LIKE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT PARTNERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES. APPLICATIONS FOR THE NEXT COHORT ARE OPEN UNTIL NOVEMBER 30.
NYC GOVERNMENT: In partnership with NYCEDC, you will have support in navigating government piloting opportunities to introduce innovation and new technology at different city agencies.
VENTURE CURRICULUM: You will have access to monthly business development learning sessions with our investment team and network experts (ranging from sales strategy to innovation practices, growth marketing to team development).
FUNDRAISING NETWORK RESOURCES: While we do not have any requirements regarding a company’s status/stage or fundraising objectives, we can provide you with venture advice where appropriate as well as introductions for alternative funding methods.
THE COMPANY COMMUNITY: You will be able to interact with the startups and operators within the Company community (including our incredible Grand Central Tech cohort) and be invited to exclusive events/engagements.
NYC TECH + STARTUP ECOSYSTEM: We will connect you with like-minded industry experts and corporate executives based on your goals and needs.
NORTH STAR: Based on our North Star Program developed for Grand Central Tech, we help you define a clear vision, mission and values, and deliver on the principles of sustainability and diversity, equity, and inclusion across your business operations.
WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITIES: We create on-ramps for first-gen students in NYC through internships and professional training in collaboration with the City University of New York and other NYC workforce development partners. You will have a chance to hire a fully-funded intern as part of our program.