CorpsAfrica Volunteer Programme 2023 Application
CorpsAfrica is a non-profit organization that recruits and places ambitious young Africans in rural, underserved communities in their own countries to facilitate small-scale, high-impact projects that are identified by local community members, fulfill key needs, and whose impact and success can be carefully measured, all through a transformative volunteer experience.
CorpsAfrica Volunteers come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. In the past, these have included agriculture, gender, health, education, water and sanitation, environment, business, engineering, peace studies, language studies, as well as many others. The additional (and essential) skills that Volunteers need for their service–including community integration, proposal development, and project design and management–are taught as part of CorpsAfrica’s expert training program.
Benefits of Becoming a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- Expert pre-service and in-service training facilitated by development and management professionals
- A living allowance adequate to support the Volunteer in his/her site
- Travel funds for official CorpsAfrica business
- An end-of-service readjustment allowance
- Certificate of completion
- After completing service, option to apply to serve a second year in a different country and admission to the CorpsAfrica Alumni Association
- A life-changing experience which will serve you well throughout your personal and professional life
Essential Requirements for Applying to be a CorpsAfrica Volunteer
- You must be a citizen of the country to which you are applying
- 21 years of age or older at the time of the start of your service
- A university degree or equivalent professional experience
- Willing and able, physically and emotionally, to serve as a Volunteer for the entirety of the service year in rural, often times, remote communities
- Understand that volunteerism is an altruistic act, where one offers their time, skills, and resources without expectation of financial gain
After completing the application, a local selection committee board will review each candidate’s materials and invite a select group of applicants for an interview. Following a successful interview, candidates will receive an offer letter to serve as CorpsAfrica Volunteers and further instructions about Pre-Service Training. The process is highly selective, and only top candidates will receive an interview invitation. If you have any questions about the application or selection process, please reach out to the country program you are interested in directly.
- January – April -Applications for the 2023-2024 cohort of CorpsAfrica Volunteers are open! Most applications close on April 30.
- May – June – Each office will review applicants and invite selected candidates for at least two interviews.
- July – Successful candidates will be notified with an offer letter to serve as a CorpsAfrica Volunteer and instructions to attend Pre-Service Training.
- August – Pre-Service Training begins starting a yearlong transformational experience for CorpsAfrica Volunteers.