Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) 2024 Bursary Programme Applications – Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) invites students to apply for its 2024 Bursary Support
NON-NEGOTIABLE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR THE CRET BURSARY
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying. Failure to meet all requirements will lead to your application not being considered
• Only South African citizens between the ages of 16 and 27 years, with a demonstrable financial need. Provide a Copy of ID
• Current matriculants and undergraduate students already enrolled at a recognized South African university, TVET College, or other recognized learning institution may apply. Provide proof of application and/or registration.
• All applicants will need to provide a strong motivational letter as well as proof of undertaking a psychometric test (that supports the chosen field of study). Candidates may wish to submit their psychometric evaluation test results with their application forms by downloading and completing the free test on the following link: https://pluggedin.standardbank.co.za/home?redirect=%2F
• Consideration will only be made for those who have applied or registered for study in the following undergraduate fields:
1. Sciences (excluding MBChB)
4. Commerce and Finance
6. Scarce/critical skills training (such as boiler making, welding, plumbing, OHS, renewable energy, waste management, green technology, entrepreneurship, etc)
ABOUT THE CRET BURSARY PROGRAMME EXPENSES COVERED, SELECTION & BURSARY CONTRACT
- The bursary will provide full cover for tuition fees, textbooks and other study materials,
laptops, accommodation, meals, a monthly living allowance and transport, where required.
- Before final selection is made, applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment
process, which may include but is not limited to Psychometric evaluation and a formal
How To Apply for CRET Bursary
Applications must be submitted online at https://funding.xhuma.io/auth/login
Alter natively, scan this QR code to apply:
- The online application needs to be completed in full.
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application
(the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application
may be disqualified):
- SA ID Document (certified copy)
- Academic record (most recent certified copy)
- Proof of parents or guardian’s household income (latest pay slips if employed, affidavit if
unemployed, proof of pension or grant if applicable) – Basic household income below R650k
- Proof of residence
- Proof of application at the institution
- Motivational Letter and Psychometric Test
CLOSING DATE – 10 December 2023
(Late applications will not be accepted)
The Cyril Ramaphosa Education Trust (CRET) is an independent PBO that was established in 2000 to
provide holistic bursary support for disadvantaged students seeking a tertiary education.
Since its inception, the Trust has produced over 170 graduates and has aided over 350 unemployed
youth in various skills development initiatives, including drone pilot training, aviation support services,
health and safety, firefighting, bricklaying, coding, and cybersecurity.
The Trust prides itself on its holistic bursary model which ensures that beneficiaries receive access to
financial, psychosocial, and secondary skills, amongst many other services.
For more information on the CRET bursary visit: