Deadline: December 1, 2022 22:00 GMT+0100
Dalai Lama Fellowship (DLF) Program 2023 in the United States and online
Dalai Lama Fellowship (DLF) is a unique one-year leadership program for emerging social change makers designed to help them cultivate self-awareness, resilience, and compassion via conscious practices; broaden their cultural perspectives; learn how to engage in efficacious ways with complex systems; and situate their work with local communities in sustainable ways. DLF’s ultimate goal is to help young social innovators to integrate contemplative work and intentional personal transformation with their efforts to bring about positive change in communities and the more-than-human world.
It is a rigorous, interdisciplinary, and deeply contemplative program to reimagine leadership as involving self-awareness, personal sustainability, genuine compassion for others, and the capacity to skillfully navigate complex systems at multiple levels.
DLF’s ultimate goal is to help young social innovators to integrate contemplative work and intentional personal transformation with their efforts to bring about positive change in communities and the more-than-human world.
Reimagine leadership as Dalai Lama Fellow
Dalai Lama Fellowship cultivates and supports an international movement of young social innovators to meet global challenges in locally adapted ways as they promote our planet’s flourishing.
For most of the fellowship, Fellows participate remotely. You will work on compassion-in-action projects while engaging with DLF’s online leadership curriculum and receiving virtual coaching and mentorship.
At the beginning of the fellowship year, Fellows gather for a week-long Contemplative Leadership Assembly in the United States. DLF covers all costs for attending the Assembly such as visa fees, travel, and lodging.
Dalai Lama Fellowship is not only a one-year experience. Upon completing the program, Fellows become LifeLong Fellows and continue their personal and professional journeys in the community with other program alumni.
DLF continues to support LifeLong Fellows through networking connections, small group coaching, thematic webinars, contemplative retreat experiences, and much more.
The fellowship is open for social innovators from around the world aged 20-35 years old (as of July 1, 2023), currently engaged with or well-articulated plans for a social change project and sustained engagement with the project throughout the fellowship year and having an in-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
Location: the United States and online
In order to fulfill the minimum requirements, through the application a candidate must demonstrate:
- Age requirements: 20-35 years old as of July 1, 2023
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Current engagement with or well-articulated plans for a social change project and sustained engagement with the project throughout the fellowship year
- In-depth knowledge of the community and the issue that the project is seeking to address, preferably with at least one year of previous experience working with the community
- Interest in learning and engaging in contemplative practices throughout the year
- Commitment to participating in all dimensions of the program (online learning platform, 1-on-1 coaching calls, group learning calls, etc.)
- We estimate full participation in the fellowship requires about 12 hours per month, not including Fellows’ work on their projects
- Attendance at the Contemplative Leadership Assembly in late July 2023 (DLF will cover all costs for travel, lodging, and meals for the Assembly)
Interested in applying for the Dalai Lama Fellowship 2023? Register your participation by following the registration link and taking the suggested steps.