Deadline Today for Admission To Western Cape Schools
Have you applied for your child’s school admission for 2023 yet? This is now your last chance to apply as the Western Cape Education Department will soon close school admission applications.
The Western Cape Education Department (WCED) will tonight, 15 April, at midnight close applications for school admissions for the 2023 school year.
The department has already received over 120 000 applications from parents and guardians in the province. 57 000 of these were for Grade 8 enrolments.
WCED has said:
If one fails to apply before this date, any application after this date will be deemed as a late application, and preference will be given to applications submitted by 15 April 2022.
Should you apply after 15 April, the school your child is placed at might be affected as spaces at your preferred school might be filled with the department adding that late applications could also affect their planning.
Parents can apply for:
- Grade R
- Grade 1 and 8
- A transfer request for learners in Grades 2-7 and Grades 9-12.
Applications must be submitted on the WCED admissions website while there have also been pop-up admission support tables at shopping malls and schools throughout this period. Caregivers can also apply at district offices and some schools.
The following documents will need to be submitted:
- The last official school Report Card
- ID, Birth certificate, passport of the learner; or
- A study permit (foreign learners); OR
- Proof of application (study permit)
- Immunisation card (Road to Health Chart) [Primary Schools Only]
- Proof of Residence (Rates account, Lease agreement, an affidavit confirming residence). Note: Retail statements and bank statements are not accepted.
- A police affidavit will be required for lost or stolen documentation that is not currently available.
The 2023 school year will be made up of 43 weeks and commence on 18 January and the year will then run until 13 December.