Department of Sport, Arts & Culture NYDA Young Creatives Programme for South Africans
Applications for ‘The Young Creatives Programme’ are OPEN! Where: Various Provinces. The Department of Sport, Arts & Culture in partnership with NYDA are looking to recruit young people in the Creative & Cultural Industries to enter a one-year National Youth Service Programme called ‘The Young Creatives Programme’.
– Grade 12 Certificate, tertiary qualification will be an added advantage.
– Must be between the age of 18 and 35 years.
– Must be from the creative and cultural sector.
– Facilitation and presentation skills.
– English and local language proficiency.
– Strong communication and youth development background. – Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail. – Display ability to role model.
Monthly stipend: R4000
The successful applicants will be required to fulfil the following functions:
– Implement arts and cultural activities in both Community Arts Centre and schools;
– Mobilise schools and youth formations to be part of The Young Creatives Programme and activities at the
Community Arts Centre and their community;
– Implement, coordinate and support The Young Creatives Programme events in the community;
– Maintain relationships with local community organisations and other community youth groups in the
– Administer the monitoring of The Young Creatives Programme implementation in schools and at the
Community Arts Centre;
– Commit to personal development and growth.
Application details per province: Email the summarised copy of your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to the Provincial Coordinator as follows:
1. FREE STATE: [email protected].
2. NORTHERN CAPE: [email protected].
3. KZN: [email protected].
4. EASTERN CAPE: [email protected].
5. LIMPOPO: [email protected].
6. GAUTENG: [email protected].
7. WESTERN CAPE: [email protected].
8. NORTH WEST: [email protected]/ [email protected].
Closing Date: 26 May 2023.