Deadline: 14 Sept 2020
Desert Start-Up Bootcamp Programme 2020 at the American Corner Pretoria for South African Creative Entrepreneurs
Are you an entrepreneur producing amazing work in the creative sector?
The Desert Startup Bootcamp (DSBC) is designed to assist creative entrepreneurs access business networks and opportunities to take their creative projects to market. DSBC is brought to you by the United States Embassy in Pretoria, in collaboration with Charities Aid Foundation Southern Africa and Speak Afrika.
The DSBC is a flagship programme of American Corner Pretoria (ACP), one of South Africa’s premiere American Spaces, a partnership between US Embassy & the City of Tshwane. ACP, like all American Spaces around the globe, we are dedicated to advancing knowledge and inspiring dialogue and collaboration between people.
Desert Start-Up Bootcamp Programme 2020 Criteria
You must operate a business in one of the following sectors:
- Content Production (photography & video production services, illustration & animation)
- Digital Broadcasting & publishing (NB artists, actors or musicians will not be considered on their own.
- Designers/makers (jewelers, fashion designers, furniture makers, etc).
- Your business must have been in operation for at least 1 year
- Your business must have existing customers with an existing product/service that can be demonstrated
- You must be able to attend ALL online sessions (selected candidates will be provided data)
- Business owners must be between the ages of 18 and 35
Programme Timeline: 07 September 2020 – 22 November 2020.
The Business Of Creativity
- The Creative Canvas – Bringing your ideas to life
- Fundraising for creatives
Sharing the vision
- Collaboration is the new innovation
- Compliance, Law and Contracts
- Digital Marketing 101: Content, audience & results
- Creating Smart Feedback loops
- The Elevator Pitch – Developing the ability to succinctly share who you are, what you do and what your value-add is.
- Global Entrepreneurship Week Start-up Pitch
For more Information: Visit the webpage for Desert Start-Up Bootcamp Programme 2020 at the American Corner Pretoria for South African Entrepreneurs