Applications are being accepted for the DHET General Administration Clerk Vacancies (X5 Posts) positions by the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) from adequately qualified candidates. The deadline for submissions is November 24, 2023.
- POST 38/81: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION CLERK REF NO: DHET79/10/2023
- POST 38/82: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION CLERK: PLANNING, MONITORING, EVALUATION AND REPORTING REF NO: DHET80/10/2023
- POST 38/85: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION CLERK REF NO: DHET83/10/2023
- POST 38/87: GENERAL ADMINISTRATION CLERKS (ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT AND REGISTRATIONS OF CENTRES, AND CLAIMS REF NO: DHET85/10/2023 (X2 POSTS)
Salary: R202 233 per annum (Level 05)
- An appropriate National Certificate/ Senior Certificate/Grade 12 certificate (Vocational) (NCV) level 4 certificate.
- A minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of relevant Clerical/ Administrative work experience is required.
- An appropriate national diploma in Public Management or Public Administration will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of administrative and/or clerical duties in the Deputy Director-General’s office or higher office; ability to capture data; operating a computer; collecting statistics.
- Knowledge of procedure in terms of the working environment and the legislative framework governing the Public Service; Computer literacy and the use of the following computer applications: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Planning and organizing; Good verbal and written communication; client orientation and customer focus, working independently or with limited supervision, accountability, ethical conduct, and professional writing and report writing skills.
- The incumbent will be responsible for rendering general clerical support services: record, organize, store, capture and retrieve correspondence and data (line function); update registers statistics; handle routine enquiries; make photocopies and receive or send facsimiles; distribute documents/ packages to various stakeholders as required; keep and maintain the filing system for the component; type letters and/or other correspondence when required; keep and maintain the incoming and outgoing document register of the component.
- Provide supply chain clerical support services within the component; liaise with the external and internal stakeholders in relation to the procurement of goods and services; obtain quotations, and complete procurement forms for the purchasing of standard office items; stock control of office stationery.
- Keep and maintain an asset register of the component: maintain a leave register; keep and maintain personnel records; keep and maintain an attendance register; arrange travelling and accommodation.
- Provide financial administration support services in the component: Capture and update expenditure in the component; check the correctness of substance and travel claims of the officials and submit for approval; handle telephone accounts and petty cash for the component
How To Apply for DHET General Administration Clerk Vacancies (X5 Posts)
Applications must be submitted using the New Z83 application form
All fields in the New Z83 form, must be completed and signed. Furthermore, a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) must also be attached. Failure to attach the completed Z83 and the Curriculum Vitae (CV) will result in disqualification.
Applications should be made online following the link below:
- Ms X Rikhotso Tel No: (012) 213 5513
- Mr R Kgare Tel No: (012) 312 5442
- Ms N Liwane Tel No: (012) 312 6365
CLOSING DATE: 24 NOVEMBER 2023