Learnership: Short Term Insurance
About Discovery Insure
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers. Our commitment is backed up by our innovation and a driving program that really works.
At Discovery Insure, we offer comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage. With our driver behavior program, Vitalitydrive, clients get great rewards and benefits for driving well.
Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to dazzling clients, innovation and great people.
Key Purpose of the role
This Learnership leads to a nationally recognised NC: Short Term Insurance NQF Level 4 qualification which consists of structured learning components combined with practical/workplace experience in the Short-Term Insurance industry.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
Short Term Insurance:
- Learners will be given exposure to the Short-Term Insurance business – client and broker servicing, claims, retentions, procurement, business development and compliance.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Innovative/ critical thinking/ and problem-solving skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in a systematic, methodical and orderly manner.
- Time management and planning skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team orientated environment
- Service driven, a sense of urgency and a team player.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Speaks fluently and writes in a well-structured and logical manner.
Education and Experience
Grade 12 is essential.
- Maths (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- English (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
- Maths Literacy (Minimum Level 5 – 60%)
- 2nd language (Minimum Level 4 – 50%)
Incomplete tertiary studies will be advantageous
- Not be engaged in post Matric studies or formal employment;
- Not have completed any previous Learnership.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years;
- Have effective communication skills in the written & verbal English language;
- Possess basic computer skills mainly MS Excel & MS Outlook
Only South African candidates by birth will be considered
How To Apply – Discovery Insure Short Term Insurance Learnerships