edX Summer Engineering Internship, appliations are invited for the edX Summer Engineering Internship 2021. This is an amazing opportunity to participate in an internship with a transformative, educational, e-commerce, start-up whose mission is to reinvent the way people learn.
As an intern for edX, you will work with an amazing group of innovators who are focused on the mission of offering interactive online courses and Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) from the world’s best universities and corporations.
Interns will join edX as a member of a “squad” dedicated to one of edX’s key business initiatives, whether its product or platform-based. These squads complete work that’s crucial to edX’s product roadmap and success! There will be opportunities to collaborate with folks within your own team, with other interns, and with key stakeholders across the organization.
They are hiring for two different teams:
- Architecture would be a good fit for you if you enjoy doing backend work and experience in an IT help desk work is a nice to have but not a requirement. This team will be writing pipelines that containerize and operationalize, work on running an at-scale infrastructure service have an understanding on how to deploy modern applications.
- Data Engineering will work on building tooling to help DE or DS&A be more effective this summer and should have an interest in learning more about data and/or analytics. Python and SQL experience, front end experience understanding data/visualize are a good frame work for working with this team.
Alson Apply For: Queen Elizabeth Prize for Innovation in Engineering Programme 2022
- Work up to 40-hours a week gaining real, full lifecycle software development skills on one of the engineering teams.
- Projects will be based on the work that the engineering teams are currently working on.
- Develop code, test your code, build software features, participate in software design, work on live tickets, and more!
- Work closely with a mentor who will offer guidance and support for anything — this could be for help with coding projects or small tips like how to add an emoji in Slack.
You are eligible if
- You have experience pursuing a bootcamp, technical training program, online certification, or self-instructed learning in Computer Science, Engineering or related.
- Knowledge of software development – you’ve worked on some cool projects.
- You are organized, reliable, collaborative, intellectually curious, and deadline-oriented.
They understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and they know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why they provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, APPLY!… even if you can’t “check every box.” they’d love to hear from you!
For more information, visit edX Summer Internship.