The ELIDZ has positioned itself as a solutions oriented company which creates value through the development of unique and tailored offerings for its customer base. This specific positioning requires the ELIDZ to have a diverse, well informed and innovative knowledge base to drive the development of a unique value offering for investors.
As part of its initiatives to successfully deliver on this positioning, and to further respond the organisation’s Corporate Social Investment (CSI) mandate, the ELIDZ has identified the need to introduce a bursary scheme which will promote the development of a skills base that is aligned to the ELIDZ identified skills requirements and further promote a meaningful social investment by the organisation.
As such the objectives of the bursary scheme would be as follows:
• To encourage Mathematics, Science and Technology related higher education within the Eastern Cape’s matriculants.
• To build contribute to building scarce resources in the region.
GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION: The bursary will only consider applicants who are from Eastern Cape townships and Villages.
AREA OF STUDY: The bursary is for full-time undergraduate studies. It will only be awarded to students that have applied to recognised South African University. Only under-grad studies in Maths, Science OR Technology related fields will be considered.
FINANCIAL NEED: The bursary will focus on giving financial assistance to disadvantaged learners and part of the criteria will include a
financial needs assessment for all shortlisted applicants.
ACADEMIC RECORD: Only applicants with at least 60% for Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy) and a 60% average for all other
subjects during the June and November examinations (for 2021 matriculants). Applicants that have completed Grade 12 should be in
possession of a National Senior Certificate where thy obtained at least 60% for Mathematics (not Mathematical Literacy) and a 60%
average for their final examinations.
STUDY INFORMATION: The applicant should have already applied to a South African university of their own choice and should be in
possession of a University Acceptance letter or provisional acceptance letter.
AGE: The applicants should be between the ages of 16 and 25 years of age.
1. The bursary is a fulltime study bursary, renewable on condition that the applicant maintains a 60% average for all subjects in their final examinations. The applicant may not hold any other bursary or be under obligation to the provider of such bursary.
2. The bursary holder will make himself/herself available for progress monitoring interviews for the duration of their bursary (quarterly/annually).
3. Application forms with incomplete information will be disqualified.
4. Application forms with incorrect information will lead to your application being disqualified.
5. No faxed application forms will be accepted.
6. The bursary, valued at R50 000, covers the following:
• Registration and tuition fees
• Prescribed books and other approved study material
• Accommodation and meals in a residence administered by the University.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THIS BURSARY?
1. South African citizens or naturalized South African citizens.
2. Bona fide Eastern Cape residents only.
3. Current Grade 12 learners and applicants in possession of a National Senior Certificate (NSC)
4. Disabled applicants, and historically disadvantaged individuals from rural and poor areas/communities